Mirage Tower

Mayu asked Flannery if she could challenge her for her badge but Flannery said she can't as she has to watch over Courtney until officials or the Champion arrives. Brendan tells them that they should go to the Desert Ruins but Flannery warns them that they should be careful as the desert can be unforgiving.

Flannery's cautionary words echoed in the group's ears as they considered their next destination. The mention of the Desert Ruins intrigued them, but the warning about the harsh conditions of the desert weighed heavily on their minds.

Mayu, undeterred, turned to Brendan. "You mentioned the Desert Ruins. What's there?" she inquired.

Brendan scratched his head, contemplating his response. "Legend has it that the ruins hold ancient secrets and rare Pokémon," he explained. "There's also talk of a mysterious power hidden within. It's the kind of place trainers seek for adventure and discovery."

Ren, her curiosity piqued, nodded. "Sounds like it could be interesting. And we could use the challenge," she remarked, glancing at her friends.

Raiden, ever the cautious one, raised an eyebrow. "But Flannery just warned us about the dangers of the desert. We can't take it lightly," he reminded them.

Flannery interjected, "He's right. The desert can be treacherous, especially for those unprepared. Sandstorms, wild Pokémon, and the scorching sun—it's not a place to be taken lightly."

Mayu, determined to prove herself, asserted, "We've faced challenges before, and we've come out stronger. We'll be careful, Flannery. But we can't pass up the opportunity to explore the Desert Ruins."

Brendan grinned, seemingly excited at the prospect. "That's the spirit! Just be prepared, and you'll uncover the mysteries the desert holds."

Flannery sighed, recognizing the resolve in their eyes. "Fine, but promise me you'll stay vigilant. The desert doesn't forgive mistakes."

The group nodded in agreement, acknowledging the gravity of the situation. With Flannery's cautionary words still hanging in the air, they set their sights on the desert, ready to face whatever challenges awaited them in the pursuit of knowledge and adventure.

The vast expanse of the desert stretched out before them, a seemingly endless sea of shifting sands and swirling winds. The sky above was obscured by a thick layer of dust and sand, casting an eerie orange hue over the landscape. Visibility was reduced to mere feet, making it nearly impossible to discern any landmarks or paths.

Raiden squinted, trying to make out any semblance of a trail. "This is going to be tougher than I thought," he muttered, shielding his eyes from the abrasive sand.

Mayu tightened her scarf around her face, attempting to keep the sand out of her mouth and nose. "We need to stick together," she called out, her voice slightly muffled. "Hold onto each other's belts or backpacks. We can't afford to get separated."

Ren, gripping onto Brendan's backpack, nodded in agreement. "Good idea. The last thing we need is to lose sight of each other in this mess."

Brendan, leading the way with a determined expression, tried to recall any landmarks or signs that could guide them. "I remember hearing about a series of rock formations that act as a sort of natural barrier. If we can find those, we might be able to navigate our way through the desert."

Flannery, bringing up the rear, kept a close eye on the group. "Stay close and watch your step. The sands can be deceiving, and there might be hidden dangers lurking beneath."

As they ventured deeper into the desert, the oppressive heat and limited visibility began to take its toll. The group's progress was slow and arduous, with each step requiring immense effort. The constant howling of the wind and the sting of the blowing sand added to the sense of isolation and vulnerability.