Fortune And Misfortune

As the group prepared for Ren's battle against Morty, a small figure caught Morty's attention. He squinted his eyes, trying to make sense of what he was seeing. He didn't recognise  the young girl standing among them.

"Who's that?" Morty asked, a mixture of shock and curiosity evident in his voice.

Riyu shyly nodded, her eyes wide with amazement at the recognition. "I am Riyu. I'm here with Raiden, Mayu, and Ren."

Morty's gaze shifted to Mayu, a flicker of recognition crossing his face. "Mayu... I believe you gave me something earlier, didn't you?" he asked, his voice filled with intrigue.

Mayu's eyes widened with realization. She remembered giving Morty the mysterious stopwatch she found in Ilex Forest. "Yes, that's right. I entrusted it to you because it was giving me nightmares about my past," she replied, her voice tinged with a mix of curiosity and concern.

Morty's expression turned grave as he pulled out the stopwatch from his pocket, carefully holding it up for Mayu to see. "Mayu, this stopwatch... It possesses a powerful energy that can tap into one's memories and emotions. It seems to have a connection to your past."

Mayu's heart raced with both anticipation and apprehension. She approached Morty, her eyes fixed on the object that held a piece of her painful history. "What should I do with it? How can I find answers about my past?" she asked, her voice filled with a mix of hope and trepidation.

Morty's gaze softened as he met Mayu's eyes. "The stopwatch has the power to unlock memories, but it must be used with caution. I can guide you through a special meditation technique to help you navigate through your past. Together, we can try to uncover the truth behind your nightmares and bring you closure."

"Anyways, can we go ahead with our battle. If Mayu ever gets their nightmare's, I will save her. So, let's just get the show on the road!",Ren said enthusiastically.

Ren stood confidently in the Ecruteak Gym, facing off against Morty, the Ghost-type Gym Leader. The atmosphere was eerie, with flickering lights and shadows dancing around the battlefield. Ren's heart pounded with excitement as she prepared to prove her skills.

Morty smirked, ready to showcase his powerful Ghost-type Pokémon. He sent out his first Pokémon, a Haunter, its sinister grin sending shivers down Ren's spine. Ren countered by releasing her energetic Skiploom onto the field. The battle began.

Skiploom darted around the Haunter, using its agility to its advantage. With swift movements, it unleashed a barrage of razor-sharp leaves, dealing significant damage. The Haunter retaliated with ghostly attacks, but Skiploom's determination remained unshaken. Eventually, a powerful Solar Beam from Skiploom overwhelmed the Haunter, knocking it out.

Morty called back his Haunter and sent out his second Pokémon, a mischievous Misdreavus. Ren countered by unleashing her Yanma, a fast and nimble Bug/Flying-type. Yanma swiftly took to the air, dodging Misdreavus's haunting attacks. It retaliated with its own Bug-type moves, exploiting Misdreavus's weakness. The battle between the two agile Pokémon was intense, but Yanma's relentless assaults proved too much for Misdreavus to handle. With a final wing attack, Yanma knocked out Misdreavus.

Morty's expression grew more serious as he sent out his final Pokémon, a powerful Gengar. Ren knew this would be the most challenging part of the battle. She reached into her bag and pulled out the mysterious Pokéball she received as a gift. As she released the Pokémon from within, a magnificent Scizor emerged, its metallic exoskeleton glimmering under the gym's dim lights.

The Scizor wasted no time, immediately launching a fierce assault with its razor-sharp claws. Gengar, known for its mischievous nature, skillfully avoided Scizor's attacks while delivering its own ghostly strikes. The battle reached its climax, with Ren's Scizor and Morty's Gengar locked in a fierce exchange of blows.