The Johto Region

As Lorelei guided them on the back of her Lapras, the cool breeze of the sea brushed against their faces, providing a momentary respite from the turmoil they had left behind. The group reached Route 27, where they were met by a league staff member named Sirn, who had been informed of their arrival.

Sirn, a seasoned and experienced individual, understood the urgency of their situation. He explained that the border between Kanto and Johto had become heavily guarded due to the ongoing conflict, making unauthorized entry nearly impossible. However, with his influence and position within the league, he could help them bypass the scrutiny and checkpoints.

"I've been instructed to assist you in your journey through Johto," Sirn said, his voice carrying a sense of authority. "You'll find New Bark Town to be a suitable starting point. It's a small, peaceful town where you can regroup and gather your bearings."

Mayu, Raiden, and Ren expressed their gratitude for Sirn's assistance. They knew that without his intervention, their journey would have been significantly more challenging. Lorelei bid them farewell, her Lapras returning to the sea, as the group followed Sirn's lead towards New Bark Town.

As they entered the quiet town, the atmosphere felt vastly different from the chaos they had left behind in Kanto. The residents went about their daily routines, unaware of the imminent danger that lurked beyond their borders. The group realized that blending in and adapting to their new surroundings would be crucial for their safety and success.

Sirn provided them with essential information about the region and recommended that they maintain a low profile. He assured them that the league staff would continue to support them discreetly, but warned that the government and general public might not be as welcoming. They would have to rely on their own resourcefulness and wit to navigate the challenges that lay ahead.

Mayu, Raiden, and Ren thanked Sirn for his guidance and bid him farewell. They knew that their journey in Johto would be fraught with obstacles and dangers, but they were determined to press on. New Bark Town marked the beginning of their quest for justice, a new chapter in their lives where they would uncover the truth, forge alliances, and ultimately bring down the forces of darkness that threatened both Kanto and Johto.

The group tried their best to blend in with the citizens of New Bark Town, keeping their heads low and avoiding drawing attention. However, their efforts were thwarted as they were suddenly approached by a group of government officials.

The officials, dressed in authoritative uniforms, eyed Mayu, Raiden, and Ren suspiciously. They seemed to have caught onto the fact that they were newcomers and didn't belong to the town.

One of the officials stepped forward and spoke in a stern tone, "Hold on a minute. You three don't look like locals. What brings you to New Bark Town?"

Mayu took a deep breath, maintaining her composure despite the situation. She knew they needed a convincing explanation to pass through without raising further suspicions.

"We're travelers," she replied calmly. "We've been exploring different regions and decided to visit Johto for a change. New Bark Town seemed like a quaint place to start."

The officials exchanged glances, still skeptical of their story. One of them narrowed his eyes and asked, "Do you have any identification or travel permits?"

Mayu shook her head, trying to appear apologetic. "We didn't realize we needed them for a short visit like this. We promise we mean no harm and will abide by the local laws."

Raiden and Ren nodded in agreement, their expressions sincere. They hoped their honesty and respectful demeanor would help sway the officials in their favor.