Food Theft

As the trio made their way towards Mauville, the atmosphere was thick with a mix of tension and anticipation. The sun's rays penetrated the dense canopy above, casting dappled shadows on the forest floor. But amidst the serenity of the surroundings, Raiden's mind was elsewhere. His thoughts were consumed by the safety and whereabouts of Riyu.

"Raiden," Mayu called out, snapping him back to reality. "You seem lost in thought. Everything okay?"

Raiden hesitated for a moment before responding, "Just worried about Riyu. I can't shake the feeling that something's not right."

Mayu offered a reassuring smile. "We'll find her, Raiden. We always do."

Ren, sensing the tension between the two, decided to lighten the mood. "How about a training battle? It might help take our minds off things."

Raiden nodded, appreciating the distraction. "Sounds like a plan."

The clearing they chose was bathed in golden sunlight, the perfect battleground for their impromptu match. Ren stepped forward, releasing her Torchic, its fiery feathers shimmering in the sunlight. Mayu responded by sending out her Seedot, its eyes narrowing in determination.

"Ready, Ren?" Mayu asked, her voice filled with excitement.

"Always," Ren replied, her eyes locked onto Seedot.

"Seedot, let's start with Bide!" Mayu commanded.

Without hesitation, Seedot began to focus, its body glowing faintly as it prepared to retaliate against any incoming attacks.

Ren smirked, "Torchic, use Ember!"

A flurry of fiery embers shot towards Seedot, but Raiden, always the strategist, shouted, "Seedot, release Bide now!"

Seedot unleashed its stored energy, sending a powerful wave back towards Torchic, who was caught off guard and knocked back by the force.

"Torchic, are you okay?" Ren asked, concern evident in her voice.

Torchic chirped defiantly, rising back to its feet, seemingly invigorated by the challenge. It flared its feathers, ready for the next round.

"Great job, Seedot!" Mayu praised. "Now, follow up with Bullet Seed!"

Seedot released a rapid-fire barrage of seeds towards Torchic, who dodged and weaved with impressive agility. But one seed grazed its wing, causing it to wince in pain.

"Not bad," Ren said, her voice steady. "But let's see how you handle this. Torchic, Double Kick!"

With blinding speed, Torchic closed the distance between itself and Seedot, its feet glowing as it delivered a powerful double kick. Seedot was sent tumbling backward, struggling to regain its footing.

Raiden clenched his fists, urging Seedot to get up. "Come on, Seedot! We're not done yet!"

Seedot, despite its injuries, managed to stand tall, its eyes filled with determination. Mayu nodded, signaling for the final push.

"Seedot, use Nature Power!" Mayu commanded.

The atmosphere around Seedot began to change, the very essence of the forest empowering it. In an instant, the ground beneath Torchic transformed into a swampy terrain, hindering its movement.

"Now's our chance! Seedot, finish this with Faint Attack!" Mayu shouted.

Seedot vanished into the shadows, reappearing behind Torchic before delivering a powerful strike. Torchic tried to retaliate, but the swampy terrain slowed its movements, rendering it vulnerable.