4: Stuck Together

Riku? What was he doing here? Why was he here? Doesnt he already have a super rich job?

Tons of questions came to my head as Mr. J explained a few things to Riku as he bids goodbye to the rest of the class and heads off.

I wanted to get up and ask Riku about this but a bunch of the girls beat me to him, huddling around him like puppies seeing a human to play with. They started introducing themselves and asking him questions about himself.

He kept a cool face and motioned them back to their seats as he started class as he was suppose to.

Turns out Mr. J was right, he was fluent with different languages, spanish specifically. Though it only made the girls fall for him more and they made lame excuses for him to come over and help. Do be honest, he did look kinda hot in the uniform.

Class ended and everyone got up to go to our next classes, but I stayed behind to speak with Riku.

"Riku? What are you doing here?"

"I was offered this side job and needed something useful to do so I accepted"

"But, dont they know you're th-" I was cut off by his hand over my face

"No they dont, and I would like to keep it that way" he says with his husk voice and removes his hand from me, leaving me a little red.

"Anyway, shouldnt you be heading to your next class before you're late?"

Right! I almost forgot the time. I slightly waved goodbye to him and ran to get to my next class. That looked tight on his chest.

RIKU

What luck. I was able to not only get a job as a teacher in a subject I could teach, but was assigned classes and the first one was with Berry.

I didnt really care about the other classes but I knew I had to or else my cover will be blown. I wouldnt have even gotten this job if I told them I was the Mafia king. Good thing they didnt recognize me.

I wanted to get to know Berry better but all these girls kept jumping at me with questions and flirts. I tried my hardest to sound kind to them but it was starting to get in the way. I was able to teach the section I was told to and the kids were working on the assignment, as I kept getting glances at Berry when kids called me over for help.

_______

It was lunch now and I followed some of the teachers to the cafeteria, not exactly knowing my way around here. When I got in, my eyes scanned the room to find my bunny but she wasnt there.

Disappointed, I turned around to eat my lunch elsewhere, when something caught my eye. A few girls were surrounding something and laughing while throwing things at it. I couldnt see what it was they were laughing at u till this preppy chick reached in and grabbed a head and pulled it upwards, revealing Berry's face with a slight black eye.

Hell no!

BERRY

"Guess this slut doesnt know when to get lost. This school isnt for freaks like you" Tasha said while holding me up against the lockers.
I should have know my luck was too good when I didnt see them during classes.

The others started laughing and my head was starting to hurt from being hanged by my hair. I couldnt do anything but let it happen. Tasha was about to throw another punch when a veiny hand grabbed her wrist, stopping her. I looked up and saw Riku with a pissed look on his face.

"Mind telling me what's going on here?" He asked while gripping Tashas wrist harder. All the other girls backed up and Tasha let go of my hair, making me fall to the floor.

"U-um, we were j-just playing around, sir" She lies as she tries to act innocent.

"How bout you all head to lunch before something bad happens" He said in a dark voice that sent shivers down my spine. His eyes were no longer bright green but a dark, faded lime color. The girls all got their things and went to the cafeteria, while Riku helped me up.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his eyes starting to get brighter again and I got distracted by how muscular he was and how close we were, i almost didnt answer in time.

"I-Im fine now. Thank you for helping me"

"Dont worry about it. Let's get to to a nurse"

We find the med center and I was treated quickly. I got hungry since I havent eaten yet so Riku stayed there with me and we ate together. Kinda like a small, non romantic date.

_______

Once school was over, I headed out and was on my way to the road when someone called for me

"Berry!"

I turned around to see Riku walking toward me. I was a little confused but also really happy he wanted my attention in some way.

"Want me to walk you home?"

"H-Huh?! That's alright, y-you dont have too"

"I insist, after our run-in with those gang members, I think its safer you dont go alone for a little while. I dont live too far from here so it wont be a big deal"

I flushed and hid my face with my bag as we began our walk home. We had little side chats and got to know one another. Turns out the look-a-like was his twin sister, Miku, the crystal eyed girl was his best friend, Crystal, and the black to red haired girl was also his best friend, Slipper. He was 21 and they all lived together along with his mother, Rachel.

I felt really close to him as we shared a few likes. When we turned the corner, he looked up and his expression changed to shock. I was confused and I turned to see.

There, I saw my house completely wrecked.