32: Exchange

MIKU

Ugh...

My head is killing me...

Where am I? It's so cold. It took me a minute to open my eyes but when I did, I was met with a very unpleasant area. Some warehouse or shit, abandoned but also too clean to be so.

I looked around trying to understand what happened when I saw my brother next to me, unconscious with out any sort of weapon on.

I tried reaching for him but I soon found out I was tied to a pole behind me, also with the lack of weapons. I had no idea how long I'd been out for, but no matter how long, it wasnt good.

Suddenly, I started remembering what happened. I had gone out to find Riku after he didnt come home and before I got to school grounds, some bastard hit me in the head, knocking me out. How could I had been so off gaurd to let that happen!

"Riku. Riku! Wake up" I called out, in hope's my brother will get up. He was never a heavy sleeper so it didnt take much for him to start stirring and waking up.

"Miku..? What happened"

"I think we got kidnapped. I cant give you any further detail I'm afraid"

Soon, we heard footsteps and we both turned to see some old hag with a few gaurds behind him. This man was Malto. The father of those kids. What the hell does he want with us though.

"See you finally woke up" he said, smirking like some fat pig. He took just a few steps forward and kneeled down to our level, receiving growls as a result.

"The hell you gonna do with us, Malto. Torturing us wont help your case in finding your kids" Ri spat, attempting to get free of his chains but were no use.

"You're looking at 2 very stubborn people. We wouldnt tell you even if it cost our lives" I added, knowing damn well this man cant kill us for tons of reasons even if he wanted to.

"I know that. Son and Daughter of the Irene's. Strongest Mafia along with the Mafia King. I know very well who you are and what actions to avoid" his words started to confuse me. If he knew who we were, then why is he stupid enough to kidnap us. And what does he want if he wont get information out of us.

"Then why are we here" I asked, getting irritated by my lack of movement.

"Its simple. I'm using you and your brother as bait" what the hell was he talking about.

"What do mean, bait.." Ri hesitated asking, starting to put peices together.

"And I thought you were smart. I know my kids and I know your mother would do anything for you. That being said, my kids will come looking for you and will soon find us, then I can get what I want after so many years of waiting" this man is a complete psycho. He was going to use us to lure them to him.

"What do you want with them. You cant possibly mean well after the way you treated them years ago" I stated, knowing damn well this bitch isnt good at all.

"I want my sons because I am aware of their occupations, the power I could gain with their skills. Of course, I also intend on them joining me, they are my sons after all"

"And as for Berry?" Ri asked, more aware of their relationship than I am.

"She'll just be entertainment. She doesnt deserve to live in my life. She isnt my child so why should I care whether or not she lives. I still have unfinished business with her" just at that last sentence, Riku lunged forward as far as he could, the chains keeping his arms in an unpleasant position which I knew had to hurt but he wouldnt care.

"Dont you dare talk about her like that! So what if she isnt your biological child, that wasnt her fault! You turned out no better than that slut of a wife you killed, you dick!" He hollered, earning clicked of the guns belonging to the gaurds as a result of his sudden movement and outburst. With guns aimed at him, ready to fire, Riku had only a few more times before he got seriously hurt, but I know him, I know he wouldnt care.

"Better watch that mouth of yours or you better hope this is all I plan to do with them. I already made the mistake of marrying that bitch and with that child as hers, no doubt she'll have the same genes of a slut"

Just then, a different gaurd came in.

"They're here, sir" Malto smiled at the little words and ordered the armed gaurds to bring us outside. Finally getting outside after many struggles to be set free, we were met with Aaron, Zane, and Berry, all with pale faces.

"Allow me to summarize for you 2. I offered a deal to your family, my kids for theirs. Which is why I said they'd come to find you" both of our faces hit with realization. These kids were gonna go to their father in order to save us.

"No. No, you guys cant do this!" Riku said, trying his best to keep tears in, knowing not only is his new friends throwing their lives away, but the love of his life is too.

"I'm sorry Riku... theres nothing else we can do.." Berry said, avoiding eye contact with either of us, same thing for Aaron and Zane. I couldnt see their faces properly, but I could see glossy salt water threatening to fall from their eyes.

"You're lucky I keep to my word. Take them back to their mansion, we're gonna have a little family reunion" with that, the gaurds holding us taped our mouths and tied are ankles, keeping us from both moving and speaking. We were soon thrown in the back of a car and were driving off, getting only a glimpse of those 3 following their father to a different car.

It felt like ages before we finally stopped and were tossed to our front door. The gaurds ringing the doorbell and then fleeing before anyone can answer. Just then, Mama came in view and gasped at the sight of her kids tied up on her porch.

"My babies! Are you alright?"

"Wheres the others?" Dad asked, helping Slipper pull us in and get us free.

"...They're gone now" I said, not wanting to believe my words and showed no emotion while doing so. Everyone had depressed looks, knowing what I meant. I look over at my brother, who showed no emotion at all yet was crying his eyes out.

Without a word, he got up and ran up the stairs, hearing a slammed door a few seconds later. I knew he would take this the hardest out of all of us. Though, something caught my eye that distracted my thought. At the bottom of the stairs if a small box that fell from his pocket.

I got up and went over to it, picking it up and seeing what was inside. When I opened it, my heart suddenly stopped and breathing was barely an option.

An engagement ring rested inside...

He was going to propose to her...

And now shes gone...