9: Our moment

What was going on? Were we kissing? Was this a dream?! His lips were soft and warm against mine, he was trying so hard to be gentle with me. I never thought this would be how I confessed to him.

We stayed like that for a few more minutes, never breaking the kiss as it became heated. The only reason I stopped was because I was running out of air. I tugged his jacket and he slowly parted from me, but still held me up and close to my face to where his words were only whispers.

"I- I'm so sorry, I s-shouldnt have-" He started but I stopped him

"No, I-its ok. It was really nice"

"Heh, never thought I would realize my feeling like this. Your presence does things to me, Amore mio" from what I learned in his class, that meant 'My love'

We decided to go home early. Luckily, everyone else was asleep so we just went to our rooms, as much as I wanted to be in his. I felt my lips as the sense of his were still on me. I kept the over sized hoodie he have me a while ago and wore it to bed with some shorts. He's shirts were always so comfortable.

_______

Morning came and I rubbed my eyes from the sunlight. I turned over trying to stay asleep, remembering its Saturday, when I saw a slip of paper with a box underneath on my table. I got up and reached for it as I opened the slio and read it,

Morning Mi amor
I didnt want to wake you. You looked so peaceful sleeping. The box has something I wanted to give you the night before. I hope you like it as much as I like you.
~Ri

I opened the box to find a beautiful barrette in the shape of a bunny. It was so shiny and soft. I soon realized last night wasnt a dream, we really did share our kiss. I got ready and carefully put the barrette in my hair as I walked down the hall towards Rikus office. I heard some chatting on the other side so I decided not to bother him.

I walked around to the garden since it sounded like everyone was still asleep. I went over to my favorite patch of peony flowers when I heard the sound of a bush rustling nearby. I jumped a little but my curiosity got ahold of me and I crawled over to see what it was. I slowly moved the leaves to find a little puppy laying there, as it began to whine and hold up his foot off the ground. It must have gotten hurt.

"Hey, it's ok. Let me help you"

I could tell it was hesitant but it allowed me to get closer as I checked the leg. It wasnt broken or anything, just a pretty deep cut. I took of the bandana I was wearing and wrapped it around the wound.

"There you go little fella, should heal soon"

It stared at me with what looked like shock and limped closer to me and laid its head on my lap. I have a little giggle and carried it to a nearby bench. We sat there for a moment when i heard someone yell my name.

"Berry!"

I turned to find Slipper speed walking toward me, with the look of relief on her face.

"Thank god. I thought something happened to you when you werent in the house"

"Oh no, I'm fine. I was just helping this poor little puppy" I motion towards the dog on my lap

"Oh, where did you come from, little guy?"

"Were you looking for me for something?"

"Oh yeah, Riku wanted to know if you were awake and asked if you could see him in his office"

"Ok, can you take this little guy to my room please?" I handed her the puppy and she nodded as we headed back inside. I went upstairs to Rikus office and knocked on his door waiting for a come in. When I heard it, I opened the door to find him leaning against the desk with some papers in one hand and a peony in the other.

"Morning Mi amor, how did you sleep?"

"I slept great, I really did have a great time last night" our kiss started flooding my head and my face was getting red. He stands up and walks over to me, placing the peony in my hair and pushing back a few strands from my face.

"Thank you for the gift by the way, it's a really cute barrette" I said, lifting my hand to feel the bunny in my hair.

"I'm glad you like it. My bunny deserves to look her cutest" I felt even more flustered from his complement. I hid my face behind my hands, but he reached out and pulled them away.

"I like seeing your blushy face" He said as he pulled us back towards his desk. Our faces now inches away. I could feel heat through both of us as we started getting closer, till there was a knock at the door and we jumped apart.

"Come in" he called out, as a guard walked in.

"Mi dispiace signore, ma c'è un problema con una delle nostre cacce" the guard said, I may be taking class, but I'm still not fluent in Italian.

"qual è il problema" Ri replies with more Italian

"se ne sono andati senza pagare"

He face started to become angry and he nodded as the guard nodded back and left.

"What's wrong?"

"Theres just something I need to take care of. I'll be back in a bit, alright?"

"Ok, I'll be here"

He smiled and gave me a kiss on the forehead and he grabbed his gun and headed out. He looked so manly with his tight shirt and stern look on his face. I just wanted to pull him in for a kiss again.

I went to my room and found the puppy laying on the bed sleeping. I got on and cuddled beside him.

"I need to give you a name if you're staying here, huh?"

He looks up at me

"How bout- Ponta?"

Barks with joy

"Heh, Ponta it is" I said, as I drifted off to take a nap.

Until I heard a loud crash.