15: Bullies

Warning: slight violence
This morning was pretty soft and relaxing. We all fell asleep during movie night and were still there in the morning. I was hugging Riku from behind while he had Miku in his arms and Lady Rachel hugging her back. Everyone else was either sleeping alone or with someone. I got up and went to get dressed for school, even though the bullying never stopped, it at least piped down ever since Riku came and I started to tolerate it more. Still wanna leave though.

I took a quick shower, got dressed(a little fancy to impress Riku), and went back downstairs to wake up everyone else. I was honestly shocked from what he said that night, that the reason he got that job was to be close to me. I honestly was really flustered by it. No body had ever went there way to be that close to me before, not even my brothers.

Turns out, Riku woke up not too long after I left because he felt cold suddenly and sensed I wasnt there. It's so sweet how clingy he was to me. After breakfast when everyone else woke and Riku got changed, we drove over to school the usual way and started the school day.

It was actually pretty peaceful for the most part. Got usually jealous when girls called Riku for shitty reasons, us secretly texting each other which made me blush a little, and me having to leave when his class was over, getting ready for boring classes now.

It was lunch and I was getting my books in my lunch when it suddenly slammed onto my wrists and I winced in pain. That's gonna leave bruises. I turned to find Tasha and her sluts people assume are friends standing beside, laughing as I held my wrist trying to ease the pain.

"Looks like little miss perfect just wants a good beating, huh?"

"What do you want now-"

"Stay away from the new teacher, he's too good for some slut like you" bitch really fell for Riku.

"You're a nobody who deserves nothing good in life. No one will ever love you, not even your hot ass brothers" I knew she was lying but a part of me dared to think that she was right..

"You're just a mistake and can die sad and alone. God begged us to beat you to a living hell" with that, her friends held me against the lockers as she pulled out scissors. Oh god.. OH GOD!

She started taunting me, holding it up to my cheek and slightly cutting it. Not enough to bleed but you can still see it. She then grabbed a good lock of me hair that was hanging over my shoulder because the rest was stuck behind my back. I realized what she was about to do and I begged her to stop.

"No NO! Please, anything but my hair!" I made a promise years ago to my brothers that I would never cut my hair because it was 'beautiful and soft' as they would say. I couldn't bare for them to think I broke my promise on purpose.

But she ignored me, they all did, as they just laughed and made fun of me some more. She was just inches away from snipping the off when someone yelled from the other end of the hall. We all turned to see Riku with another teacher as they saw the whole thing. Thank god I was saved. He always knows when to come at the right time.

He said something the the other teacher that I couldnt hear, as they ran off and he made his way over, looking quite pissed.

"I do hope you were hurting this girl. Because we both wouldnt want to see what happens if you did" Riku said with a stern voice at all the girls. Tasha dropped my hair and her goons let me go, as I ran behind him clutching his shirt out of everyones view. Seconds later the principal and that teacher came and all those girls were in big trouble. Bullying isnt tolerated here so you can get in serious trouble for it. The principal took all the girls to his office while Riku brought me to the med bay to treat my wrists.

"Has this been happening often?" He said, still with dark eyes and a stern voice to match. It made me shiver not only with fear but with slight pleasure hearing it so husky. No matter, I didnt want to tell my brothers and Riku was no different. I didnt want to be a burden. I'm stubborn, I know.

"Um- no.. it doesnt happen very often-" I lied, I'm not the best at it when I'm super nervous. Riku looked away from my hands that were on my lap and looked up at me, with disbelief all over his face. He could read me very clearly.

"I know when someones lying Berry. I dont like being lied to. How bout you tell me the truth before I have to involve your brothers" I would be in so much trouble if they found out like this.

"...yeah, it happens alot actually..." I confessed, looking away from him being afraid of what he would do.

"How long"

"Huh?" I still didnt turn to face him, so he holds my chin lightly and pushes it closer to his, me now facing him and our lips almost touching.

"How. Long." He repeated

"Um. Since middle school.."

He pauses before softly kissing me, rubbing his thumb over my palm making me sink into his grip.

"Why havent you said anything?"

"I- I didnt wanna be a burden to anyone-"

"You are no, fucking, burden to us. We love you and you know it. I love you. Please dont ever be afraid to ask someone for help, alright?" He had serious worry on his face and sadness in his eyes.

I nod as we both turn to leave the med bay. When he said they loved me it only brought back what Tasha said earlier.

I'm afraid if what she said was true...