36: Graduation

Finally. Finally. FINALLY!

Years of torture finally over! I graduate today and I'm SOOO pumped! Now that there was no main threat to us anymore, we could all finally relax a bit. Riku has been super clingy, not letting me go 10 minutes without a kiss, making excuses to be with or around me, it's really crazy to see the most dangerous guy act so soft to some simple girl like me.

Luckily, my absence doesnt effect my graduation and I still graduate with all the other students. Well, SOME of the other students. Most I know damn well wont be graduating because of lots of reasons I dont feel like listing.

I was in the yard that sits behind the school in my graduation uniform, barely able to wait any longer to officially be done with this. I saw in the crowd some of the students who got held back, looking pissed and annoyed and whining about whatever excuse they making up. The ones who were graduating were celebrating with their friends, high fiving and hugging excitedly while waving at their family sitting in the crowd.

Speaking of, I looked over to where mine was and I found them sitting in the chairs that were more off to the side, Aaron, Zane, Luna, and Riku are the only ones not in disguise, everyone else was covering their faces just enough because if they were seen, people would suspect that they didnt have any kids at the school. The school only knows that Zane and Aaron are my legal guardians, Luna is my friend and Riku was a sub teacher just respecting his students.

Still hard to beleive he was willing to fake being a teacher just to get close to me. Reminds me of how I fell in love with him all over again. I gave a small wave at them and they all waved back, some more than others for obvious reasons. Riku on the other hand didnt wave, instead, he put his hand over his mouth and blew me a kiss. I couldnt help but blush at his charming skills that worked yet again. I love my family.

The ceremony was boring with the principals long ass speech so I'll just skip that part. We finally finished and everyone was screaming with joy while running to their families, getting hugs and kisses and all of that. I may not have parents to run happily to for moments like this, but I'm happier with my new family. I ran over to them and jumped on my brothers arms, my hair catching their tears.

"My baby made it so far" Aaron said, as if he was acting like he's my elder or something.

"Yeah, shes grown so much now. We're so proud of you, Bunny" Zane replies, nearly choking me in his bear hug I had to wiggle my way out only to be caught in my friends hugs.

"You go, girly!" Luna said. Aside from my brothers, she was the only one who was there for me all these years, now I wont be alone anymore. Crystal and Slipper soon follow after.

"You may not be our child, but you will always be loved like one, Berry" Xilo said, hugged close to her husband as they both gave their cheers to me.

"I know, and thank you so much for being the parents I always wanted" I said, getting both of them to blush at the complement.

"Got a new badass in the family. Cant wait for all the nonstop things we can do now" Miku chuckled, giving off a mischievous grin and Ponta wiggled in her arms, trying to reach me. I took him from her hands and he took no time giving me lots of kisses and yelps of excitement. Ponta didn't see me when I had gotten taken so I guess he just missed me alot, even after a week of nonstop cuddles which Riku refused to share.

"Come on, I have something I wanna show you" Riku said, taking Ponta out of my hands and passing him back to Miku. He took my hand and he led us back inside the school. We climbed the steps to the roof and went to the back side. The sight of it was like a dream. Many flowers and plants that gave off each amazing smells and looks and just looks beautiful all together. There was an arch of peonies at the end of the path, creating a heart that perfectly catches the sun. There were different stains of glass hanging around and attached to things and at the light shined on them, they glew with such amazing colors I almost thought I was in heaven.

"I kinda been planting these ever since I found out you loved gardens. As a surprise for this moment" He said, leading me down the path as I admired every detail in each flower. We made it to the end underneath the arch and saw the sun at its finest sight, the sky starting to become warm colors as the sun soon begins to set. I looked over at Riku with such an overwhelmed smile I thought I looked like a strawberry. I couldnt help but get lost in his beautiful Hazel Green eyes. Turns out he has Waardenburg syndrome, something that causes his eyes to change to a lighter shade than Mikus. His warm smile and soft gaze made me melt at the sight. He grew redder and turned away, looking overwhelmed for some reason.

"Riku?" I asked, it wasnt like him to act like that unless something was worrying him, which I almost never see. He was trying to control his breathing before he turned back to me.

"Berry, all my years of being in the mafia, not once have I felt love for anyone besides my family. I never really smiled after the loss of my father. I kill those who deserve it and never hesitate to put someone in their place. But you. You're the first person to make me feel like dying from a heart attack"

"You might think you're just a normal girl but you're way more to me, you're everything I wished for all these years and I will fo anything to keep that. I dont regret saving you from that gang at the cafe, I dont regret pretending to be a teacher just to be closer to you, nothing we've been through have I ever regretted on" hearing his words, the amount of truth behind them makes me feel emotional, remembering all we've been through together, our moments, our falls, our rises, everything.

"When you and your brothers sacrificed yourselves to save me and Miku, I dont believe I cried like that for a girl ever. I didnt want to lose you. You mean everything to me" he takes a deep breath and moves his hands from mine as he reaches in his jacket and kneels down "And.. I want your world to be apart of my life. Forever"

He holds out a small box, and inside was a beautiful ring with little gems inside that symbolize me far too well.

"Berry... will you marry me?" He spoke as soft as ever, enough for only me to hear, yet I couldnt believe it. I was balling my eyes out at the realization. He didnt make this garden for the graduation, he made it for his proposal. He knew from the first moment we met that he wanted to marry me.

And I feel the same exact way.

"Yes. Yes! YES! YES! I will marry you!" I screamed, jumping with such excitement and happiness I couldnt sit still at all. He took the ring and slid it with ease onto my finger, wiping away the tears that had fallen from my eyes as I did the same to him. I dont know who, maybe both, but someone pulled the other into a deep, lustful kiss. Never have I been so happy in my life, never have I ever expected someone to truly love me this much. There was no battle when our touch meet and explore the others mouth, leaving nothing untouched in its wake.

We then heard cheering and clapping. Turning our heads to meet with our family who watched the whole thing, about half recording it and Zane slightly holding Aaron back with the little bit of protectiveness he had in him. We both blushed like hell, laughing at our crazy family. I turned back and resting my head on my fiance's chest, arm wrapped around his neck and resting in his warmth while staring at my ring.

I'm gonna marry the love of my life.