Chapter 20

You get your cellphone as soon as you arrived. It has been ringing for awhile now. You have 3 miscalls from unregistered number. As you open the inbox, you were surprised from whom it was.

Hi! How are you? You home?
It's me Taehyung.

Just arrived home..thanks!
-Joy

Are you free tomorrow?
- Tae

Yes, why?
- Joy

Let's meet!
-Tae

We just met a while ago.
-Joy

I just want to meet you
without the others. 😁😊
-Tae

Why you wanna meet me?
-Joy

I just want to talk to
you. Haven't seen you for
a long time. 😊
-Tae

Ok, let's meet in the afternoon.
Just message me where
and let's meet there.
-Joy

Can i just pick you up?
-Tae

I don't think thats a good idea.
I prefer to drive myself.
-Joy

Ah ok. Then let's just meet
tomorrow.
-Tae

Ok.
-Joy

See you tomorrow. 😊
-Tae

Really Tae? Do we really need to do this? She ask as she cannot believe what V telling her to wear. They just finished eating lunch and they were about to leave the cafe.

Just to make sure that no one will recognize us...he explained.

Aren't we making it more obvious wearing it? She still hesitated but still wear what Tae gave her.

After a few minutes walk they reached where she parked her car. They both agreed to used her car instead if him just to make sure.

What is so important that you cannot tell me in the cafe and we have to move to another place?? She curiously ask as they both now inside her car.

She let Tae drive her car as he insisted.

Well, i just want to spend more time with you...he said without hesitation as he focus on driving yet every now and then he will look at her.

Woah, really!? How sweet of you to spend time with me..she said in a playful tone. She just go with the flow as to what he is telling her.

After an hour drive they stop beside the beach. They didn't get out in the car as the beach were crowded since it was just the first week of summer.

I am serious Joy, i missed you. I've been trying to contact you. It turns out you changed your number...as he explained.

She just smiled at him as she turned her gaze into the sea.

It's been so long since the last time she went to beach. She wanted to come out and dip her feet into the sea.

Wanna go out? He asked as he noticed her gaze fixated into the sea.

No, it's too crowded...she refused eventhough she really wanted to.

You are not dating right? He said suddenly that make her frown. After a while she nodded to him.

I am not also dating...he continue and then pause for a moment. He intentionally pause whatever he wants to say as he observe her reaction.

While Joy was just looking at him waiting for him to finish his sentences.

Why don't we just date then...at last he blurted out.

Joy was caught off guard with what Tae said. She almost choke from her own saliva.

You're crazy Tae...she said after a while while laughing.

I am dead serious...he said with all seriousness as he look at her still laughing.

Its absurd..How come you are not dating when you are all over the news in different dating scandal..she said to him as she stop laughing and look at him intently.

Its just a rumor. None of them were true...he said defensively

I don't think so. There's no smoke if there is no fire..she replied with a smirk formed on her lips.

Those were just a baseless rumor. I swear...he said trying to convince her.

Lets just say those weren't true..still we are not possible...

Why not possible between us? Tae ask as he intently gaze at her.

We are two worlds apart. We both living differently and lastly we dont feel any romantic feelings towards each other..you explained.

How can you say i dont have any feelings for you?? I have been like you ever since..he confessed.

Like and love are two different feelings Tae. You can like as many as you can but you can only love one.

Like can become love as we spend time together. If its the distance, i can visit you whenever i have a chance. We can videocall nor send messages everyday...he still trying to convey his feelings to her.

She just shrug her head with what he said.

Enough Tae..you stop him from saying anything and you just mess his hair.

I like you Tae but i don't see myself romantically involve with you nor to any man as of the moment. I  enjoy and happy with my carrer and freedom, no attachment to any man...and you are too handsome and too famous for me to handle. I don't want any news scandal about me spreading all over the media...you said the latter to lighten him up as you notice his heavy mood.

You sure about that? You don't really wanna date me? He ask after a few minutes. He was heartbroken with what she said but after a while he tried to console himself.

Yeah i am sure...she answered without second thought.

Awww that hurts...he said in a playful tone as if feeling hurt.

As if...she said as she notice he was just acting feeling hurt. She knew deep down that Tae isn't really serious about her. She just don't know whats gotten in to him to ask her to date him.

Just promise me Joy that when the time comes that you ready to date let me be the one you want to date..Tae said as he stare at Joy intently.

Hey promise me!!! He said as he hold Joy's hand that made her flinch.

Ok promise...she just said without giving thought with her answer.