𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘

"I have to find them

"I have to find them." You argued, Ayame standing in front of you. "Even if I'm wanted, I can't just sit back and do nothing!"

"Y/n... after what just happened with Douma getting hold of you, you need to hide." She explained in her calm voice. "I know you can fight, but they wouldn't allow you to risk your life. If he gets to you, then it's over. All the deaths of demon slayers, galactic breathers, and Hashira would have died for nothing."

Your fists were clenched tight. The anger boiling, but also grief and hopelessness. How could she say that?

"You want me... a fully capable fighter... to just sit back and let everyone else die for me?" Your hair slightly covering your face as there were splotches of blood that had been mixed with water. Kanao helped carry Inosuke along with Shinobu. They watched from behind and remained quiet. "No matter what you say, I'm not going to do that."

"Don't make me force you." Ayame sneered. You'd never heard her do that, especially towards you. You never knew she had an aura around when she was angry. Everyone could feel it and feel oppressed by her anger. It was an aroma that could effect everyone else.

Only it didn't make you feel less, it made you even more angry.

"I'm not going." You said. "They are putting down their lives, not just for me, but for the future of mankind. Mitsuri, Obanai, Muichiro, Sanemi, Genya, Gyomei, Shinobu, Kanao, Inosuke, Zenitsu, and Tanjiro... and I know he and everyone else would never step down for doing what is right. I have to find them, I have to find him."

"Y/n. No—"

"No Ayame! I'm going to find them! I love them! I love him!" At this point, you were fuming and yelling. "If I don't help, I'll lose them! I can't do that! HOW CAN I CALL MYSELF A DEMON SLAYER IF I CAN'T EVEN FIGHT THE DEMONS?! I LOVE HIM! I WOULD GIVE HIM MY VERY LAST DROP OF BLOOD TO KEEP HIM ALIVE! SO DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME I'M NOT HELPING ANYONE!"

Ayame could see the tears beginning to form. Your eyes starting to get puffy and red, lips quivering. She was once human, she knew emotions. She had felt this way before too.

"I just want him back. I want this to be over. I can't sit back and watch everyone die." You choked out a sob. "I thought I lost him. I'm not doing that again. Never. I'm going to find him, whether you like it or not."

Love is a powerful thing. Ayame thought. You would give your life for people you live and care about. I know how you feel.

Kanao gave Shinobu a quick look and made sure Inosuke could stand slightly with the help of one person. The blood had slowed down and was beginning to form the clots to make sure nothing else could get in the deep cuts.

Kanao stepped up behind you and pulled you into the most heartwarming embrace to calm you down. In this moment, your fragility had been broken completely as you began to sob. You never had the chance to think about what could happen, until after this fight.