Obsessed

I awoke to the sound of my alarm clock blaring mercilessly at 8:00am yet I was ecstatic. Why? Because it was the day that I would finally get to see my favourite band perform, Tokio Hotel. I jumped out of bed, my outfit already prepared, spread out on the end of the bed. I had chosen a white crop top with a black star across the front, a short black skirt, black fishnets and a pair of black heeled boots to match.

I quickly ran into my en-suite bathroom and showered, playing their songs full blast on my speaker and singing along at the top of my lungs. "Running through the monsoon, beyond the world til the end of time where the rain won't hurt!" I sang. The words flowed out of my mouth naturally as I had memorised every single line from each of their albums. I had been a fan of theirs for years, it felt surreal that I would finally get to see them play live. I finished showering and got changed into my well prepared outfit. I chose a cream white handbag alongside it from my closet and proceeded to call my best friend Sarah to ask her where she was as we were attending the concert together.

She arrived shortly after our phone call, holding a giant cutout of Bill Kaulitz. "Please don't tell me you're bringing that..." I said, staring at the cut out in shock. "Why not?" she asked laughing, barely able to push it through the door as the size of it was taller than her and the doorframe. "Because, they'll think we're some kind of stalkers or something" I said, helping her push it through the door lengthways. "We are though..." she continued to laugh as she nodded her head in the direction of my walls which were plastered in Tokio Hotel posters. It was so true that I couldn't help myself from laughing along with her. We added our finishing touches to our outfits, necklaces, sunglasses and various other accessories, then we headed out of the door and I sat myself in the passenger seat of her car. As she drove I slid a Tokio Hotel Scream album CD into the disk slot to set the mood for the concert and turned the music up so loud that the bass of the songs made the car jolt. We sang along, barely able to contain our excitement.

After a long car drive which felt even longer due to our anticipation, we finally arrived at the arena that they would be performing at. The show was due to start at 1pm which felt way too early for a concert but having to wait another few months for the 8pm show felt impossible - I had to see them as soon as I could. The time we arrived was 11am, so we still had two whole hours to wait until the band started performing. There was a bar inside of the arena and despite the fact that it was 11 in the morning we both got a double vodka cranberry which only heightened our excitement even more.

 There was a bar inside of the arena and despite the fact that it was 11 in the morning we both got a double vodka cranberry which only heightened our excitement even more