Sirens

We were all still stood there staring for what felt like forever, until suddenly Jason gasped as though he were catching his breath. His chest had began to rise and fall slowly and everyone let out a sigh of relief. Someone had called an ambulance as he was still knocked unconscious on the floor and in the meantime everyone had started to harass Tom, asking him for photos and autographs. Nobody seemed to care that Jason was on the floor barely breathing as Tom happily scribbled his signature across a girls cleavage. I was extremely angry. I didn't understand how everyone had just moved on so quickly as if nothing had even happened. How dare he show up out of nowhere and ruin everything good I had going for me. I checked my phone and the news was already circulating with multiple headlines about the fight. What the fuck was I going to do now?

The police arrived shortly after the ambulance as they had been alerted about the fight. They questioned Tom and found no sufficient evidence, meaning that they believed he was guilty. Clearly they couldn't ask Jason any questions as he was being hauled away in the back of an ambulance. Seeing as Tom had minor injuries in comparison to Jason they concluded that Tom had been the one who instigated the fight.

Before I knew it he was being handcuffed, pressed against the hood of the police car. "You think you're smart don't you boy?" the officer questioned, so I guessed he had said something to piss him off. Common Tom. I didn't know what to do so I just stood there helpless as they took him away. The whole night had been a rush and I felt as though I were watching my life through someone else's eyes. He gave me one last smug look before they pushed him in the back of the police vehicle and I felt terrible for finding it attractive. The look in his eyes told me that he had no regrets.

I went home, feeling confused and distraught. I couldn't help but think that it was all my fault. Tom was in jail, Jason was in hospital, now what? Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door which instantly snapped me back to reality. I looked through the peep hole and that's when I saw Bill standing on my front doorstep, sticking his tongue out and pulling faces. "BILL!" I shouted excitedly. I don't think I had ever been so happy to see someone in my entire life. I opened the door and he instantly pulled me in for a hug and we stayed like that until our arms went numb.

 I opened the door and he instantly pulled me in for a hug and we stayed like that until our arms went numb