Too Good To Be True

We finished up at the beach and Tom and I began to walk back to our hotel room. As we entered the hotel lobby, multiple groups of people, fans of Tokio Hotel and news reporters were stood around being held back by security guards. They screamed as Tom walked past them, trying to reach for him and grab at his shirt. I would have judged them but I knew that I acted the exact same way before I met him. I concluded that the rest of the band had seen the commotion and escaped up the secret staircase back to their rooms.

His assistant walked over to him and told him that they had to speak in private, completely disregarding me standing there. Tom mouthed "sorry" at me and they left me alone stood in the lobby as fans started to ask me questions. "Are you Tom's new girlfriend?" "What's your name?" "What's your relationship to Tom?". I felt immense pressure as they waved microphones in my face and as camera lights flashed at me and I started to understand the stress that the band must have had to go through, being harassed constantly whilst they were just trying to live their life. I took off running up the stairs and I didn't stop until I reached our hotel room and I was inside with the door bolted shut.

Some time went by and I heard a light tap at the door, followed by the click of the lock. I picked up an alcohol bottle off the side, ready to beat down some crazy fans when Tom walked in and held his hands up as if I were a cop about to shoot him. "Woah, it's me!" he laughed, walking in and shutting the door behind him. I sighed with relief and went and lay down on the bed, waiting for him to explain what was happening. He took off his shoes and lay down beside me, turning his head to face me. The second he looked at me I could tell that something was wrong. "Y/N, I have to leave tonight" he announced. "WHAT?"
This could not be happening.

I felt as though our story had only just begun and those few words had crushed my hopes instantly. I couldn't lose him already. I felt as though I were overreacting but he was surrounded by girls constantly. Would he really remember some fan girl that he had spent a few days with? I braced myself before asking him "Where?" trying to calm myself down although my whole world felt as though it were crumbling apart. "Well, my assistant doesn't think it's safe if I stay here in this hotel since we've obviously been tracked down. She booked us tickets back to Germany tonight..." He said the last part quieter than the rest of the sentence, as if he didn't want to believe it himself. I sat there, speechless as he watched me, trying to figure out what I was feeling. The truth is I didn't know what I was supposed to think or feeI and I started to believe that it had all been too good to be true. Maybe my bad luck had finally caught up with me.

 Maybe my bad luck had finally caught up with me