chapter 7

Do you want to say something?

Adhyay asked looking intently at her....she looked everywhere but him but then replied in a very slow voice which may go unheard but was clearly audible due to pin drop silence in the room
'i am 😔 sorry' saying this she ran out of the room like her life depends on it.....
Abha exhaled loudly once she reached downstairs and thought it took her every ounce of courage to even utter those 3 words in front of him .

Here Adhyay was still looking at door from where she just ran out like she was caught in 🔥 fire.....
He chuckled saying -"pagal ladki"
(crazy woman).

He looked at the tray and was surprised to find medicine for headache along with his coffee.....a subtle smile formed on his faced but he covered that fast and sipped the coffee relaxing himself on the couch.

Kabir here was narrating how Adhyay made them clean the room in animated way to Prathiba who just returned from the grocery shopping.
Arohi was casually sitting nodding at every thing Kabir said.
Maami you don't know how he treated us like we are some most wanted criminals and he is some jailor......i was about to faint....please do something before he turn out to be complete Hitler with Hunter in his hand-kabir finished off dramatically wipping his non existent tears...while Arohi consoled him like a school going kind.
Prathiba laughed at it....but she was herself surprised to know he was home this early.
She knows how short tempered he is and it's almost impossible to handle him once his temper fly high .
She then noticed Abha who was standing near the staircase and was trying to calm her breathing.
Abha bacha kya hua h(what happened )..... prathiba asked knowing it's something related to her son only.
Abha came out of her self talk and looked at prathiba who was looking at her with worried expression.
She smiled shaking her head-nothing badi maa i am all good 😊.

Surekha also returned and was happy to see all her favourite grandchildren sitting and chatting happily.she knew they are planning something for tomorrow but  acted oblivious to everything happing there.

Abha and Kabir hugged her and they chatted for few more hours telling her their collage stories and complaining about their parents making her laugh.

Abha and Kabir bid their adieu and returned back.

After dinner Abha was thinking about today's incident standing in the balcony gazing at stars......she fondly thought about those grey eyes.....his tall well built and muscular body....she blushed remembering how he caught her in  his arms..
This was the first time when she observed him this closely.
She came out of her dreamland when someone cleared their throat behind her.

She turned to find sadhana standing at her door frame smiling at her.....
Maami....aaiye na( pls come inside )
Urged Abha....
Sadhna came and stood beside her looking ahead......
After few minutes they both settled on the swing in the balcony with Abha's head in sadhna's lap.
Bache now that you are in your last semester we are thinking about your marriage -sadhna confessed caresing her hair in a motherly way.
Abha was shocked but then composed herself humming at her maami to continue.
We will proceed only if you are comfortable princess.... nothing will be against your wish....if you need more time or if you like some one you can openly tell us bacha(child)-sadhna further added.
For a moment Abha wanted to tell about her liking towards Adhyay but then thought otherwise.She likes him but he doesn't even look at her .they are no match .he is too perfect for her and moreover her feelings might creat disturbance in the family.she didn't want to do anything that might put her maami and maamu in a compromising situation.

After contemplating everything she asked her maami to proceed further as per their wish .
Sadhna looked at her for sometime before kissing her forehead and wishing her 😴 good night.

Abha looked at the moon 🌝 shining bright in the darkness and closed her eyes to compose herself.
She knew her once sided liking and crush will only result into heartache .....their is no future to this unrequited feelings..she decided that she will go with whatever her mammu will decide for her.Afterall he is her superhero and he will decide best for her.
Abha slept in a dreamless slumber to wake up to the most event full day of her life.

Here Prathiba knocked on the door of Adhyay's room and heard a faint come in....
Adhyay was sitting on bed working on his laptop..files and papers spread all over the bed.
Adhyay looked up to find his mother with a glass of warm milk 🥛 that he have daily before sleeping 😴.
He smiled at her mother...a rare smile that was reserved for her only.
Prathiba settled beside him and cleared her throat to gain his attention.
I know maa you are here to discuss something with me....Adhyay chuckled keeping his laptop aside and laying his head in his mother's lap who fondly massaged his scalp.

Stay tuned to know more...😜