chapter 38

The wedding date was fixed after 2 weeks taking into consideration Arohi's state.
Ruhaan being the only son of Singhania's they wanted to do a grand wedding.
Adhyay had always dreamt of a lavish wedding too for his only sister but they need to keep it minimal as they can't exert Arohi physically as it's her first trimester and they need to keep her health on first priority.
So it was decided that all the wedding functions would be kept simple with a grand reception following it.
Singhania's took there leave followed by shekhawat family.
Prathiba and surekha retired to their Room while Abha helped Arohi getting changed and have her medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
Adhyay was in the balcony smoking that has become his habit in last 2-3 days.
Abha entred the room and looked at him gazing at the sky with a cigarette pressed between his lips.
She stood beside him looking at him who remained unfazed with her presence.
I am sorry! She whispered slowly.
Please just listen me once...please Adhyay I can't take this anymore - she sobbed clutching on his arm.
He turned his face to the other side not looking at her .
Go to sleep - that's what he said after a minute and removed his arm from her hold.
But Abha was determined so she turned him towards her self and said -i was afraid of your anger .please listen to me. I didn't knew that things will go so wrong.
Please I am sorry. I swear i will never ever in my life would repeat it she confessed sobbing silently.
Adhyay chuckled and looked at her-  Don't worry darling I wouldn't give you a chance to repeat it. You can fool me once but I learn from my mistake and trusting you was one of them he said hissing at her.
More tears flowed out of her eyes listening him. She had hurt him really bad.
Please I am ready to do anything you say but forgive me this time. I am sorry Abha cried clutching at his shirt.
He hold her arms freeing his shirt and pulled her closer- your sorry won't change anything and for now I would be highly thankful to you if you would leave me alone. I don't want to look at your face  and fake tears. He said sternly with greeted teeths and pushed her back lightly leaving the room.
Abha fall on her knees after he left cried hard clutching her head. She stayed in the same position for don't know how much time but then came inside and layed on the bed in same clothes feeling nothing.

Adhyay was in his study. He hates to treat her that way but can't get himself to forget everything and look past it.
He loved her , he trusted her and she was hiding things from him. She said she feared him . But she lacked the trust in him.They have gotten closer in the past few months and he opened up to her, made her feel comfortable, complied to her every demand every wish.
What he got in return was betrayal.
He won't be able to trust her completely ever again. He had let his guards down in front of her and she hurted him.
No, he won't repeat the same mistake and be the love sick pathetic man ever again.
He leaned back determined. They would see a different version of him from now onwards who will be way more stronger and practical.

Adhyay layed there in his chair keeping his legs on the table in front of him and  dozed off.
*****"***

Abha was in the kitchen stirring the curry in the 🍲 pot. She was lost in the thoughts about Adhyay.
In past one week after Arohi's engagement he was a complete changed man. He showed no emotions now. He don't have conversation but gave commands. He behaves very mechanically. She hissed when accidentally her hand touched the hot pot...prathiba rushed to her and examined her slightly burnt hand.
She took the ice bucked and put Abha's hand inside it to sooth the burning sensation.
She observed Abha's state...her paled face dark circles under her eyes. She knew things were strained between Abha and Adhyay but it was affecting her health now.
Adhyay's changed behaviour tensed her too but she herself was helpless. She decided to talk to Adhyay about this.

She asked Abha to rest in her room. Abha nodded silently and left to her room.
Wedding preparations were going on in full swing. She often accompanied the ladies for clothes and jewellery shopping.
The wedding functions would be starting after 4 days and relatives will start to arrive.
She was doing her every duty and helping prathiba out with preparations but his behaviour was taking a toll on her. She cries herself to sleep everyday.
She was mentally exhausted and emotionally vulnerable. She had tried every way to coax him but nothing could melt his anger.
He had changed so much and it was getting tough for her to bear it.

Adhyay returned at night around 10 pm. Prathiba was waiting for him . After dinner she asked him to come to her room.
He followed his mother and sat beside on the bed.
Adhyay bacha I know how you felt but we can't change anything that has happened already. Don't be so hard on yourself and Abha too. It's affecting both of you equally. We can't hold on to one thing for our entire life beta .... I know it's not easy to forget everything and behave as if nothing happened. But atleast try to get back to normal.
Abha had made the mistake but you she has realised it and repented it too. Now your indifference is affecting her mentally and physically both bacha.
A husband and wife relationship has to go through many up and downs and you have to balance it out bacha. You need to nurture it with love and care. You can't keep on watering the weed of misunderstanding bacha that will entirely destroy your bond. - prathiba explained him lovingly.
Adhyay listened to her mothe and took her palms between his hands and smiled slightly telling her that he would take care of everything and not to stress herself about anything.
He kissed his mother forhead and walked out of her room wishing her good night .