chapter 11

At shekhawat mansion -
Sadhna was instructing worker to hurry up as the function would start in an hour only.

Yes...it's  Abha's and Adhyay's engagement Day.......

Shekar asked Kabir to check on the caterers and who was lazily walking around trying every dish.
Ummm this sweet dish is so delicious....i want to meet the chef and kiss his hands for preparing this heavenly dessert -mused Kabir .
Arjun who was just passing by shaked his head and slapped Kabir head lightly.
Kabir if you are done then go and get ready .we need to be present to receive the guests-Arjun announced.

In Abha's room.....
Abha was getting ready . beautician were doing her makeup and maya was sitting on the bed lazily clicking selfies 🤳.

Mam you are looking so pretty -the beautician told Abha once she was finished with her work.Abha looked herself in the mirror and was surprised to look at her own reflection....indeed they had done an amazing job.
Maya finally looked up and winked at Abha who was looking gorgeous in her pink lengha.

Abha's look.....

Rathore's were welcomed by Shekar and sadhna....
Prathiba and sadhna hugged each other feeling elated and emotional at the same time.
Adhyay bent to touch shekar's feet who hugged him in return patting his back feeling proud.
Adhyay was looking handsome as ever in his tuxedo colour coordinated with Abha

Arjun assisted Adhyay to the stage at the center of hall.
Arohi and Kabir went to bring Abha downstairs.
Shekhar felt emotional seeing Abha all grown up looking like a princess in lengha. Time flew too fast as it felt like yesterday only when his princess use to play around him demanding chocolates,toys and what not.
He remebered his sister and brother in law.Abha too got teary eyed looking at her superhero who was looking at her with Misty eyes but a smile on his lips.
She hugged her maamu and tears made their way out which  she was trying to control remembering her parents.

Sadhna was feeling no diffrent as Kabir and Arjun hugged her sideways.
Everyone present there was in awee of their bond.
Adhyay was tapping his feet not knowing what to do...he was not good at consoling people.The last time he broke down was on his father's death.
He kept himself busy and burried everything deep inside.He had to be strong for his mother ,sister and grandmother. He can't be weak.thats what he thought.

Shekar made Abha stood beside Adhyay .
The priest started the mantras and asked them to exchange the ring.
Arohi handover the ring to Adhyay who took hold of Abha's hand and slipped the ring as instructed.
Several emotions passed through Abha ...she was feeling happy , emotional, nervous, all at same time.
Sadhna gestured Abha to put the ring in Adhyay's finger ....Abha nodded and took hold of his warm hand in her cold and shivering one and finally slipped the 💍 ring in his finger.
Everybody hooted and clapped for the couple. Prathiba was elated and feeling emotional remembering her husband but she never let it to show on her face .
Surekha patted Prathiba's head lovingly knowing what her daughter in law was feeling at this moment.

Adhyay was constantly looking at his mother  with a frown .
Prathiba nodded at him smilingly knowing her son very well.
He relaxed and sat beside Abha on the stage .

Photographer asked them to pose for some photos. Abha was feeling shy to stand this close to him in front of everyone.
Adhyay wanted to get done with everything as soon as possible.
Photographer instructed Adhyay to hold Abha's waist and look into her eyes and Abha to wrap her hand around his neck.
Adhyay was frustrated with all these things but he can't do anything at this point so he obliged and put his hand on her bare waist......
Abha felt shivers down her spine at his touch......her cheeks became cherry 🍒 and she cluched his blazer to control herself.
Soon the photo session came to an end with few more poses.

Adhyay excused himself and maya came to Abha to ask if she wants anything.
Prathiba was talking with some guest when Adhyay approached her .
Prathiba turned to him with a smile asking if everything was fine.
Adhyay asked her if she was ok and had her food or not.
Prathiba assured him and asked him to go back to Abha as it's not good to leave his finance behind on the stage like this.
He sighed but did as his mother asked him .

Adhyay and Abha were made to sit beside each other on the dining table and to feed each other.
Their cousins and friends were teasing them making Abha shy and Adhyay wanted to be anywhere but at this place.

Soon the function came to an end and Rathore's took their leave.