chapter 35

Prathiba looked at her son with teary eyes. She knew what he was feeling.
He raised Arohi not as his sister but his own  child. He felt betrayed, cheated by his own people. He was punishing himself thinking that he failed to raise her right.
He failed miserably. She was feeling the same.
She walked towards him and cupped his face making him look at her.
His was shaking in anger but inside he was 💔 breaking apart.
Don't hurt yourself bacha- prathiba spoke emotionally.
He moved away from his mother as he can't look into her vulnerable eyes.
He banged his hand on the wall putting his forehead on it and then screamed loudly punching the wall.
Abha had never seen him like this.....she was afraid but looking at him like this stabbed her heart.
Prathiba went to Adhyay and stopped him  but he didn't listen to her and keep hurting himself.
Prathiba atlast grabbed his arm and slapped him hard for the first time in his life.
Abha was shocked to say the least.... Surekha's eye filled with tears and arohi went silent.
Adhyay looked at his mother and fall on his knees loosing himself.
Prathiba sat beside him and hugged him to her chest . That broke the dam inside Adhyay and he finally cried in his mother's arms after years.
The hard man the arrogant man broke today wailing like a child in his mother's arm. Prathiba cried with her son feeling his pain.
Abha died thousand deaths looking at her love her beast her khadoos man this shattered.she can bear his anger his scolding his yelling but seeing him crying like this was unbearable.
Arohi knew what damage she had done.
Her father figure her guardian her hero ....she broke his trust and she broke him today. She felt disgusted over herself.
I failed maaaa....i failed today- Adhyay spoke like a child crying in her mothers lap.... prathiba hugged him tighter shaking her head in no.
I failed Baba and i failed you too. I am sorry maa...please forgive me- he said feeling miserable.
Prathiba consoled him rubbing his back kissing his hair and assuring him that he is the best son anyone could ask for....she felt proud of him and how much he means to her.
He was not the grown up Adhyay but the 16 year old boy who clutched to her mother wailing after loosing his father his guide his support system.
Prathiba keep caressing his head untill his sobs died.
She took him to the soffa and banged his hand and applied the ointment on his knuckles. Adhyay was sitting there mechanically looking at nothing in particular.
He didn't hissed or showed any pained  expression when his mother was cleaning his wounds.

Prathiba then asked Abha to take Arohi to her room without looking at them.
She was highly disappointed and angry with both Abha and Arohi.
Adhyay moved out of the house taking his car keys. He needed some alone time away from all these chaos to sort out his mind.
Prathiba and surekha too retired to their respective rooms.
Here Arohi was still crying and blaming herself. After looking at her family she realised what she had actually done. Loving someone was not crime but crossing your limits and disappointing your family surely was.
Abha consoled her as it was not good for health to undergo such stress. What's done can't be altered now.
Their wrost nightmare became their harsh reality.what broke her more was his tears.
She should have informed it earlier. He found it out himself and the matter became wrist. But she feared his reaction and wanted to solve it in a better way .
Abha closed her eyes not knowing what will happen now , everything solely depends on his decision.
Adhyay drove to his penthouse near his office .He needs to figure out everything with a calm mind. He can't undo anything going in the past.
He thought how much she was going to lie to him if  accidentally didn't had got those papers shocking him to the core.He didn't believed the reports but then called the clinic and they confirmed the authenticity making him numb.
Then he remebered all the instances of Arohi telling Abha about the trip, then The morning juice incident and her changed behaviour when he returned after attending the international conference.
She was lying to him and keeping him into dark from such a long time . He felt betrayed.
And thinking about Arohi....he never knew his sister has grown so big to do such things behind his back.he was so busy in business that he never peeped into her personal life but then he trusted her and that proved to be his biggest mistake.
He called Arjun his best friend his confidant as he really needs his advice today and he could only trust him as he was his family too.
Arjun arrived after sometime after receiving Adhyay call and asking him to arrive at their usual place urgently.
He knew something was definitely wrong from Adhyay's voice.
When he reached there Adhyay was sitting on the floor in living room smoking 🚬 that he rarely does looking disheveled.
Arjun sat beside him not saying anything as his knows he will share on his own.
Adhyay narrated everything emotionlessly making Arjun shocked and stunned.
Arjun sat there looking at Adhyay dumbfound. He couldn't believe what he just heard. So much had happened and looking at Adhyay he could figure out that this situation was very critical.
They both sat there in silence engulfed in their own thoughts.
Arjun was concerned about Arohi but he also knew that Abha would also have to face the brunt of this whole situation .
This was going to be tough time for all of them.
They figured out all the option sitting there all the night .
Arjun left early in the morning and Adhyay went to his office getting ready from there only.