chapter 43

Finally the Most awaited day for Arohi arrived.
She was looking out of the window dolled up as Bride in red lengha looking at her handsome groom who arrived with Barat at the venue.
Prathiba welcome Ruhaan and did his Aarti.
They all went inside and Ruhaan sat on the stage waiting for Arohi.
Adhyay finally entred Arohi's room to get her downstairs.
He was upset with her and hurt too but looking at his baby sister all dolled up he felt emotional but didn't let any of it to reflect on his face. Arohi was guilty and emotional too. Her brother didn't talked to her after that day. She wanted to hug him like good old days but can't muster up the courage.
Abha was standing beside Arohi feeling bad for her but she herself was sailing in the same boat.
I_I am so_sorry B _Bhai Arohi sobbed standing in front of Adhyay.
He just patted her head and said-Lets head down stairs . Tears rolled down of Abha's eyes but she wipped them away and caressed Arohi's back .
Arjun and Kabir also entred the room and they all led Arohi to the stage.

After the garland exchange ceremony Adhyay and Abha came forward to perform Arohi's kanyadaan.
Adhyay felt heavy in his chest , he looked at her mother who was already looking at them with wet eyes. Prathiba nodded at her son knowing what he was feeling at that moment. They both were missing prithavi (Adhyay's father).
Adhyay stood in the corner throughout the wedding rituals trying to calm his emotions.
His sister was getting married, she will have to leave their home and will have her own family. He never knew untill today how hard it was to get a girl married and send her away.
Soon it was time for Arohi to leave for her new home. Everyone was emotional.
Abha and prathiba were crying hugging Arohi.
Adhyay was stood at the far end hiding his emotions under his hard demeanour.
Arohi finally walked to him with Ruhaan beside her. She looked at him with her red teary eyes and said B..Bhai!!!
It took his every ounce of strength to control his tears Adhyay engulfed his sister in a bone crushing 🫂 hug.Arohi broke down in his arms sobbing hard.... muttering uncountable sorries in his chest. Adhyay felt like his chest will brust open with the emotions and sudden heaviness. He consoled Arohi saying sweat nothing in her ears.
He cupped her face and kissed her forehead pressing his lips for a long moment their -Take care of yourself.If you face any problem you just give me a call.
I am always there for you bacha....his throat clogged and he couldn't manage to speak more. Arohi was continuously crying looking at her brother who despite Everything she did was standing there for her.Abha cried pressing palm on her mouth looking at the them .
Adhyay wipped her tears and turned to Ruhaan- Take care of herself. Hurt her once and that will be your last day alive he warned Ruhaan.
Ruhaan just smiled looking at the man in front of him and assured him that he won't ever let a tear of pain in her eyes.
You better be-Adhuay said.
Arohi waved at them when the car start moving with tears in her eyes but a soft smile on her face.
Everyone returned back inside but Adhyay was still standing there looking the way the car went.
He turned back when he felt someone's hand on his shoulder to find Abha standing there her eyes red from the crying looking at him worriedly.
Both of them stood silent in front of each other gazing into each other eyes.
No words were exchanged between them,their eyes were having all the conversation.
Adhyay broke the eye contact and sighed heavely looking at the sky. Abha hugged him knowing what he was going through.
She felt emotional for him .
Are you ok? She asked him and a sob left her mouth.
Adhyay looked at his wife sobbing in his arms . He wondered how much this woman could cry. He was sure that she can break the world record for crying knowing how much she cried in last few weeks.
Shaking his head he consoled her .
Why are you crying now- he asked her wiping her tears.
She looked at him resting her chin on his chest still hugging him- bcz i felt you were sad.
So, you mean to say you were crying hugging me to make me feel better bcz you felt  I was sad - he asked her huffing mentally at his wife's logic .
Yeahhh... she said nuzzling her nose  on his chest.
Adhyay shaked his head at his wife but she managed to change his mood .
He let her inside their home warping his arm around her shoulder.
Other relatives and guest were already gone.
Shekhawat's would leave  after lunch once Arohi will come back for pag phera.
All were sitting in the living area exhausted completely physically and emotionally too.
Maya and Abha went to the kitchen to prepare some coffee and light snack as it was already dawn.
All chit chatted having their much needed coffee and snacks and retired to their some to get a sleep for some hours .
Abha came to their room and went inside the bathroom to get a warm shower. Her muscles were paining badly.
She felt alive after the much needed hot bath. Adhyay was still not here as he was making the final payments to the decorators and caterers as they were leaving now.
She took out his clothes from the closet to get changed and blow dried her wet hairs.
The room door opened and an exhausted Adhyay entered the room yawing .
He slumped on the bed directly and let out a tired breath.
Abha sat beside him running her fingers in his messy hairs. he closed his eyes feeling relaxed with her massage and was slowly drifting into sleep when Abha asked him to get changed first and then sleep comfortably. He didn't even have the engery to move a muscle but Abha dragged him to the bathroom handling him his clothes.
They both slept after that cuddling into each other arms.