chapter 22

Adhyay came home around 12 am.....
Abha used to wait for him usually after their marriage.she would ask prathiba to go and  sleep.
Abha was laying on the bed wide awake in Prathiba's room looking at the time every now and then .
She was used to this....she would wait for him and complete her college work and then after his dinner they would retire to their room together.
Prathiba had asked her to shift in her room for few days. Abha agreed knowing it's good to stay away from him...she was afraid to go in front of him although she knew that he can never harm her knowingly. She felt restless....she wanted to see him maybe from far away only.

Prathiba was waiting for him as she wanted to talk to him .
Adhyay looked at his mother waiting for him like old days before his marriage as now Abha used to wait for him.
He sat beside his mother silently who got up to reheat his food without sparing a glance to him.
He knew she was upset with him .
Maa please..... Adhyay muttered no knowing what to say further.
Prathiba halted but didn't turned around and asked in a firm voice- please what Adhyay. I am going to reheat you food..eat and sleep.
Adhyay felt hurt after listening to his mother's word.He stood up and turned her towards himself.
I am sorry maa-Adhyay spoke guiltily .
Sorry for what Adhyay? Why are you even apologizing?-Prathiba questioned him sternly.
Maa i know i have disappointed you and I accept that i did lost my control and behaved recklessly.i am not trying to justify my actions but at that time every thing was adding more to my frustrations...i got paranoid the moment I head you crying.....i was searching for her like a mad man out there...and on the top of that she was not picking up the call .
Several wrost thoughts passed my mind and i was not able to think straight and when i finally saw her I bursted out- Adhyay explained.
I know you have temper issues but one should not act on impluse without giving the other person a chance to present their side. sometimes words spitted out in anger leave permanent marks on one's heart bacha. Prathiba tried to make him understand calmly.
I will keep them in my mind maa....and i am sorry again -Adhyay spoke looking at her expectantly.
Prathiba knew he was guilty and repenting his deed .She trusted her upbringing and knows that he will never hurt Abha physically.
She patted his cheek asking him to get changed and have dinner.

Adhyay knew that Abha was in his mother's room .He wanted to sort out things bothering him but she was avoiding him .
After dinner he asked his mother to send Abha back to their room .
Prathiba nodded smiling and walked towards her room.
Here Abha was tossing and turning on the bed.she was missing him but was hesitant to go to their room .
Prathiba entered and sat beside her caresing her hairs and spoke -Abha bacha...I know he has temper issues and he is guilty about his actions too.
He doesn't express himself much in front of people except me and I am sure that with time he will open up with you too.
Go to your Room beta and sort everything out.He is waiting for you there.
Abha nodded in understanding and headed towards her room bidding good night to Prathiba.
Abha was hesitant to go inside but she finally knocked but got no response.
She was about to knock again when Adhyay opened the door for her to come inside.
She walked in fidgeting with her fingers .
She stood in the middle of room feeling nervous and bit afraid too after last encounter with him .
Adhyay locked the door and hugged her from behind taking Abha by surprise and muttered a sorry in her ear.
Abha felt goosebumps all over her body with his sudden closeness .She wanted to give in and hug him tightly but then decided to do otherwise.
She turned her face away from him expressing her hurt.
Adhyay knew that he had messed up pretty badly this time but he was ready to make up for it.
He turned her around in his hold wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her closer.
Look at me -he commanded as always ....Abha wanted to deny him but looked up at his face giving in .
I know i over reacted and said hurtful things but i didn't mean anything out of it.
It came out in the heat of the moment.
I was worried about you and searching you out on the streets like a mad man .
You were not answering your phone too.
And when finally I saw you I exploded.
I loose control when my temper fly high .
I know i should have handled it in a better way but what's done can't be altered but I will try to rein my anger next time .Adhyay explained.
Abha understood his situation and his reaction to it.But she wanted to him to know about her side of story too.
She then told him how her phone display got tempered and she got stuck their in heavy rains.
Adhyay felt guilty after knowing the truth .
He apologized again making her hug him tightly and sob in his chest.
He hugged her back and tried to consol her.
He then carried her to their bed in his arms.
He layed her down and captured her lips for a passionate kiss. He kissed her slowly smooching her lips  .Abha reciprocate equally moving her fingers in his hairs and massaging his scalp.
His hands were roaming all over her body.
She hissed when his hand brushed at her bruised arm making him look at her face with a frown.