chapter 46

Abha woke up startled and sat on the bed looking here and there . Maya came towards her and asked if she was ok or not.
After doctor checked Abha and informed them about her pregnancy Prathiba and Surekha's eyes filled with tears .they were waiting for this news but now at this moment they can't even celebrate it as they were hell worried about Adhyay.
Arjun informed maya to come at Rathore mansion along with sadhna as Abha needs them here. After that prathiba and Arjun left to the hospital 🏥.
Surekha was with Abha in the mean time constantly praying for grandson.

Abha looked and maya and asked about Adhyay. When maya didn't said anything she got up from the bed and rushed towards the door but maybe stopped her.
Abha please calm down ....You can't run like that in this condition -maya said making the crying Abha sit on the bed.
No..... I don't care about anything I want to go to my Adhyay. I wants to see him -Abha said crying hysterically.
You don't even care about yours and Adhyay child also- maya asked.
Abha looked at maya surprised -our child"- Abha asked putting her hand on her belly.
Yes...your child you are pregnant Abha. Maya explained.
Abha would have been over the moon she was dying to have a baby but now all she could think about was Adhyay. He had been shot and was critical.
She cried hard clutching her stomach and screamed "Adhyay."
Maya's eye filled with tears looking at her best friend so vulnerable.
Sadhna came to the room listening to Abha's scream. She was herself in pain knowing about Adhyay's critical state but they need to calm down Abha as it's not good for her.
She engulfed Abha asking to to calm down. Nothing will happen to Adhyay bacha. He will be fine. He has to be fine for you and also now he have his baby inside you he would definitely come back all fine to you both bacha. But you need to take care of yourself. Adhyay would never want you to neglect your health and your baby. Stop crying Abha.sadhna explained to a wailing Abha her own eyes getting moist.
Doctor said there are only 10 percent chance of Adhyay's survival as the bullet had ruptured his Veins near heart.
Doctors from Singapore were on their way to complete that critical surgery.
All they could do was pray to the almighty to save Adhyay.
God forbid if something happens to him Abha would not be able to survive.
Surekha was constantly praying sitting in the temple for her grandson. She had already lost her son and won't able to bear another loss.
Their family would be shattered without him .
Ruhaan knew about Adhyay but Arohi was still unaware of it as she was 7 month pregnant now and it can be risky for her .

Here at the hospital Prathiba was sitting outside the ICU like a dead body . No tears nothing. Seeing her son fighting for his life had made her shocked to the core.
Her world resides in him .
She was feeling nothing at this moment. Arjun shekhar and Kabir were looking after Everything.
Arjun sat beside prathiba and held her hand -He will be fine maami. He is a fighter. You know na how stubborn he is . Arjun said trying to gave himself and his maami some hope. He wanted to cry and scream looking at his best friend his brother in this state but he needed to look after the family.
He have to . I am not allowing him to go like that leaving his mother. He had promised me to be there with me till end.
I know my son he can't leave his mother.
Arjun tell him his mother is very angry at him and won't talk to him ever if he didn't wake up . He won't like that. He can't take my silence and he would definitely wake up . prathiba said to Arjun .
Arjun couldn't control himself looking at his maami like that . He had always seen her so strong . He hugged Prathiba tightly hiding his tears.

After an hour the doctors team arrived from Singapore and the surgery started.
They all were praying for him waiting outside.

Abha here was crying continuously without stopping for a minute. They all were worried about her State. It's not good for her.sadhna called doctor and the doctor gave her some sedative and she felt asleep after sometime with dried tears on her cheeks.

It been 8 hours the operation was going on . There was no information about Adhyay's health so far .
Nobody was in the right state of mind. Prathiba had not even drank a drop of water since morning and Abha well she was not even her senses.

Ruhaan came in the afternoon with food for everyone but nobody touched it .
Arjun tried to convince prathiba but she didn't buzzed.

Finally after 4 more painfull hours the doctor came out.
They all rushed to him asking about Adhyay.
Well we have taken out the bullet it has caused heavy damage. We need to monitor him for next 72 hours and then only something can be said.

Their face paled . He was still not out of the danger. Prathiba slumped on the bench . Arjun rushed to her taking her in a side hug.
Shekhar, Kabir ,Ruhaan all were standing there not knowing what to do at this moment.

Arjun asked Kabir to drop Prathiba home as there was no use of staying here .
They would keep him under observation for 3 days. No body can meet him there.
He would be here and look after everything.
Prathiba denied to go home leaving her son but then shekhar requested her and she half heartedly left from there.
Arjun asked Ruhaan to drop shekhar home too as only one person can stay there for night time .
Ruhaan nodded and left with shekhar.
Arjun sat in the corridor with his head in his palms.