chapter 40

Once they reached the secluded area he made her stand on a distance and rubbed his hands on his face sighing loudly in frustration. Abha was looking at him with
Misty eyes .
Why were you crying - he finally asked looking at her.
Did you wanted to show people that how cruel I am and torturing an innocent girl like you...hmmm .he asked mocking her.
Abha shaked her head her body shook as she sobbed more.
Adhyay turned to other side. It pained him to see her like that but he can't be vulnerable again. He can't slip away on emotions and make a fool out of him self.
A turned suddenly hearing a thud sound behind him. Abha felt unconscious on the ground. Adhyay rushed to her and picked her up in his arms.
He took her upstairs in their room making her rest on the bed. He sprinkled some water on her face patting her cheeks. He called her name but she didn't react making him worried.
He called their family doctor and he recieved her from the gate as there was function going on and everybody will get suspicious seeing a doctor at this time.
The doctor checked up Abha and injected her . She prescribed some medicine.
Doctor told Adhyay that she Abha was weak and stressed her bp was low.
She asked him to take care of her not stress her much as it was affecting her body functioning.
Adhyay felt guilty on learning about her health. Prathiba told him the same thing but he didn't paid any heed to her back then . He can't let her ignore her health like this and he would make sure of it.
He thanked the doctor and walked her to the gate.
He came back to the room and layed beside her on the bed . Everything in his life was messed up. He looked at Abha's paled face and caressed her cheek lightly with his thumb and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. He still loved her but he was hurt from her. out of all the people he didn't expected her to hide such big things from him . But he need to look past all of that for now.
He knew she realised her mistake. But he needed to make sure that she would never hide things from him .
He went downstairs as They both can't be absent from the function all of a sudden.
Prathiba asked him about Abha but he made an excuse saying she was tried and taking rest for a while.
The function came to an end finally.
He ordered a maid to send some fruits and juice to his room and left upstairs.
He came back and changed into something comfort. The maid knocked and he took the food tray from her and closed the door.
He walked to Abha and patted her checks to wake her up as it's already 2 hrs since the doctor gave her the injection.
Abha opened her eyes, her body felt week . She looked at him who was standing beside her looking at intently.
He helped her to sit down placing a pillow behind her back .he then passed her the fruit bowl and indicated her to eat.
She was continuously looking at him not making any attempt to eat the fruit.
He sighed and sat beside her and ordered her in a calm but stren way to eat the fruits.
I don't feel like eating anything right now- Abha replied weekly looking at the fruit bowl.
It's not about what you feel, it's about what is needed at the moment...so eat them quietly without any further questions- he said in a plain voice leaving no room for arguments.
Abha started to have fruits looking at him all the time. She choked in between and coughed hard. He stood up rubbing her back and made her drink some orange 🥤 juice.
Abha's cough subsided.she finished eating the fruit.
Adhyay then gave her the medicine to which Abha made a face but silently gulped it looking at his face.
Go get changed into something comfortable - he commanded her again pointing toward the closet.
She nodded and got up to get changed.
After few minutes she came out changed into her night clothes face devoid of all the make up .
Her face was morphed in irritation as she was struggling to open her bun that had dozens of pin courtesy to her best friend Maya. She was already drained and now this bun. Her head was aching due to it .
She sat down in front of dressing table putting her head down on table to try it after a minute. Adhyay who was noticing everything finally got up from bed and stood behind her.
He carefully started to pull out the pins out of hair making Abha sit up straight.
Abha looked at him surprised. Earlier he was not even ready to look at her and now suddenly was doing all of these stuff making her emotional.
Her looked at her watery eyes and huffed no wonder his wife was dehydrated as her fountain works starts every two minute from past 2 weeks.
He continued doing his work with full concentration.
Abha adored him from mirror 🪞 finally she got some hope that things would work out, otherwise she was left completely hopeless after seeing his changed behaviour past days.
Adhyay opened her bun letting her hair fall freely.he turned to leave when she held his hand stopping him.
Adhyay looked at her when she asked him-did you forgave me?
Sleep it's late .we will talk about it later? He replied.
Abha got up and hugged him and said please .
He sighed and stood there not returning the hug but didn't pushed her away too.
She felt happy at the progress and she would try harder now to gain his forgiveness.