chapter 21

Abha was still sobbing lightly.prathiba was patting her head  and rubbing on her arm and back  to console the poor girl when suddenly Abha hissed as prathiba's hand touched  her bruised arm.
Prathiba got alert looking at Abha's pained expression.
What happened Bacha ....did you injured yourself while coming home....let me check.....Abha shaked her head in no but prathiba rolled her sleeve up to find the blue marks printed on her now swollen arm.......
Prathiba knew how she got these marks ....she was now highly displeased with her son's behaviour. He had now crossed his limit by physically hurting the girl who was his wife.
She felt guilty at her son's behaviour towards Abha.....
Prathiba then applied the ointment by  blowing air on her badly bruised arm and patted Abha to sleep.
Here, Adhyay was smoking 🚬 in balcony looking at the pouring rain outside.He have no control over his anger but this was the first time when someone from his family was on the receiving end.
He remebered Abha's terrified face closing his eyes.He knew he should have controlled himself but then everything happening around was adding fuel to his anger.....his mother's crying tone....her being out at this unsafe hour and not picking up the calls.....He was getting sick worried for her searching for her in that club and nearby areas. To be honest he was afraid what if something happened to her...it was not safe around here....he was getting wrost thoughts that terrified him...
How would he face everyone if something happened to her ...he would have not forgiven himself if God forbid something had gone wrong with her.
She is his responsibility...it's his duty to keep her safe to look after her.....he banged his hand on the railing feeling frustrated with all these thoughts.
He waited for her to come to the room but then thought it's good if they stay away for the time being.he didn't trusted himself in anger.
That's why he always avoided coming home when his temper fly high .He cursed himself remembering the disappointed look on his mother's face.
His knuckles were bruised due to his frequent banging today but he cared less about it.
He finally came inside and sleep took over him after all those incidents.
***********"

Abha woke up when she felt somebody caresing her hair lovingly.
She opened her eyes to look at Prathiba's smiling face....
How are you feeling bacha- prathiba asked her loving .
I am good maa...don't worry- Abha's voice came out hoarse due to crying for hours last night.
Ok then freshen up i have already kept your clothes inside the bathroom.we will have breakfast together - prathiba tried to cheer her up.
Abha smiled faintly nodding her head in yes.
Prathiba left the room kissing her forehead and Abha decided to take a bath and get ready.
Abha looked at her reflection 🪞 in the bathroom mirror after peeling off her clothes.Her bruised arm swollen eyes pale face reminded her of last night events.His anger morphed face....his mocking words everything came rushing to her making her sob in her palms.
He hates her now-she thought and sobbed harder.She knew about his temper but never imagined it to be this horrifying. She shivered at the mere thought of his anger.
She hugged herself to compose herself.
She came out wearing a floweral white Anarkali dress.....she started wearing Kurtis and dresses once she resumed her college. although she loved wearing saree but they were not suitable to be worn in the college.
She didn't want to go outside as she was not ready yet to face him. She was terrified due to yesterday's events .
Arohi knocked at the door and peeped in asking her to come for breakfast.
But looking at Abha's hesitant behaviour Arohi informed her that Adhyay was not home....he left early in the morning without breakfast 🥞.....
Abha relaxed but then thought that he didn't even want to see her face ....he was avoiding her...and that brought fresh tears in her eyes which she wipped and followed Arohi to the dinning room.

Surekha who was had no idea about last night event was sitting on the chair waiting for everyone to come and start the breakfast.
Abha greeted Daadi with a smiled who reciprocated it fondly.
Prathiba came out of kitchen instructing the helpers to set the dishes fast.

The ladies got settled and pratibha served surekha and then Abha patting her cheek and gesturing her to start.
Adhyay nahi aaya...abhi tak soo Raha h kya vo...aaj tak to khabi late nahi hua -surekha mused not finding her punctual grandon on the breakfast table.
(Where is Adhyay.Is he still sleeping but he always comes on time)
Abha looked down feeling guilty that he left without breakfast bcz of her.
He left for his office already.he had some important work there-prathiba replied to her mother in law .
Kaam -kaam or kuch nahi dikhta iss ladke ko...aaj aane to mei khud class lungi uski-surekha joked laughing.
(Work is all what he cared about...let him come home today i will take his class personally).
Abha smiled slightly at Daadi's word.she  didn't want the elderly lady to worry unnecessarily.
Here Adhyay was lashing out at everyone for every single mistake.
Every one in the office was walking on the thin ice...they never know what would make him angry and they will be thrown out.