Chapter 14

After the men left, Mingyu and Dino rushed to Seungcheol. They hugged Seungcheol to their chest. They avoided touching his back.

Jungkook and Jongin rushed to Hyuka. Jeno was crying hard. He was feeling guilty. He felt someone hugging him. He peeked at the person and saw that it was Taehyung who had hugged him. Chanyeol was comforting Jisung and also reassuring Jeno.

Mingyu and Dino were crying.
"Can you give me some space, hyung?" It was a tiny yet steady voice. Mingyu looked at the person. Hyunjin.
"Why?" Mingyu was confused.
"We need to check his injuries so can you make him lie on his stomach?", Hyunjin calmly replied.

Mingyu instantly complied. He handled Seungcheol as if he was made of glass. One touch and it might break.

Then he held his hyung's hand and waited. He didn't know what to do. He was not good at checking injuries so he was happy that Hyunjin came to help.

Hyunjin lifted Seungcheol's shirt and accessed the injuries.

"He only has three open wounds. But the other marks are swollen red. It would hurt him a lot. He is not bleeding much but we still need to clean and treat the wounds. Otherwise he might get an infection because this basement is not the cleanest place.

Mingyu listened to Hyunjin like a kid. It was a huge irony that even though he was the tallest of his group, he was also one of the most fragile members. He looked like a lost puppy.

Hyunjin felt bad at seeing the other. From the corner of his eye, he saw Felix cuddling with Dino, in a way to comfort him.

Felix is really good with physical affection. He knows how to comfort others.

Before leaving the room, Nathan had pointed towards a door which they surprisingly had not noticed yet. "That is a toilet for you all to use. Be thankful that I even gave you that facility."

They had completely ignored him. It was clear he wanted them to answer like nursery kids to every little thing he said. After what he had done, they surely didn't want to satisfy him with an answer. He had hummed. Maybe he thought that it was enough torture for a day because he let the disobedience pass.

Now, Hyunjin looked towards the bathroom. He bit his lips. He felt bad. He was no doctor first of all. But he knew how to use a first aid. They had no first aid kit to use.

Hyunjin moved towards the toilet, chains dangling behind him. He checked the inside.

There was no window in it. There was a western-style toilet and besides that there was a tap in there. He turned the tap to check whether there was any water in there. Sure enough water gushed out of the tap. He closed the tap.

He then tore a part of the sleeve of his white shirt which was quite clean. Then he put it under the water to wet it. He moved towards Seungcheol then.

Mingyu's eyes were following him throughout the process. Mingyu was utterly grateful that Hyunjin was helping them.

Mingyu looked around and saw how everyone was comforting one another. Then he turned his attention towards his hyung.

Hyunjin sat next to him and started cleaning Seungcheol's injuries. He was meticulous with his work. He was gently cleaning the wounds. He would sometimes hum a song, which in a way calmed Mingyu a bit.

Mingyu looked at Hyunjin and asked, "How do you know how to  treat injuries?"
Hyunjin smiled at him and replied, while still cleaning the wounds. "I used to get injured a lot in my childhood so my mom taught me how to do a first aid kit. And it is also quite useful for an idol too. There are moments when I got injured during practice, so I would treat the injuries."

A small smile appeared on Mingyu's face. Then Hyunjin cleaned the last wound and stood up.

"His shirt is torn a bit. The wounds would get infected easily if we leave it open. It would be good if you exchange the shirt with him. His physique is different from me so mine wouldn't fit him."

"Ok"
After the shirt was exchanged. Hyunjin left Seungcheol on his stomach besides Dino. Mingyu also left their side after Dino slept while snuggling into Seungcheol's side.

Jeno had calmed down. He had no courage to make eye contact with any of the Seventeen members yet. But he found comfort in Taehyung.

Even though he had calmed down, he had not left Tae's embrace. Chanyeol had left their side to look after Jisung with Jongin.

Jungkook was now talking about his interests with Hyuka and Felix. Felix had come out of his shell and was talking to Jungkook and Hyuka. Hyuka had calmed down after his breakdown. He was grateful that at least he had his seniors with him.

Mingyu saw that Hyunjin was sitting alone in the corner while fondly looking at Felix.

He could not believe that he thought that Hyunjin was a cold guy. He had seen his performances and the strong aura that he has around him is no joke!!
He has also seen so many hate comments for Hyunjin. Now that he was looking at him, he seemed fragile yet strong. He was a total sweetheart. He couldn't believe that someone would hate a person like him.

He went to sit besides Hyunjin. Hyunjin shifted a bit to give him some space. Even though he was older than Hyunjin, it felt as if it was Hyunjin who was older than him. He looks so quiet and mature.

They sat in silence for a long time gazing at the others.

Surprisingly it was Hyunjin who broke the silence.

"I saw that episode of yours. The weekly idol one where you brought aji with you"
Mingyu was surprised that Hyunjin had seen the episode.
"Ohh"

"Yup and I love it. You both were so funny. I had even showed that episode to Lee Know hyung. He wanted to guest in a show with his cats too"

"Oh he has cats?"
"Oh he is a total cat butler. His weakness is cats."
"How about you?"
"I have a pet dog, Kkami"
"Oh, you know if we make it out of here how about we have a dog date or something. I would love to introduce Bobpul to you."
"Bring Aji too"
"Oh nah my whole energy gets drained when I am with him."
"Haha would love to see you chase him around the place, hyung"
Mingyu laughed.
They talked a lot about their life. Their songs, their favourite movies, pets, family, everything. They even talked about Bang Chan.

Mingyu smiled. At least he got a new friend.