Chapter 29

The EXO members had returned to their dorms. They didn't want to live in different apartments after the whole issue.

Chanyeol had recovered from the injuries. They were all on their phones as they browsed through different apps.

The case had gone extremely viral and was trending as the 'Abducted: Case'. The whole social media was going frenzy over the whole issue. The dispatch was doing a good job in updating them about the issue too, to the dismay of the companies.

Kai was going through the SNS when he saw a pop up message on the screen. He frowned as he clicked on the notification.

Several messages came up on the screen. It was from an unknown number. Kai's frown deepened as he read through the messages.

Unknown: 'Jongin, Jongin, Jongin
Why did you deceive us baby? Were we not enough?'

Unknown: 'Look at the lil gift we sent you. It's gorgeous and cute. Open the document we are gonna send you and tell us how you feel...'

Unknown: 'And yeah... Don't tell or alert anyone. Otherwise the consequences would be really bad.'

A document instantly came into the chatroom. It was a one time open image.

Kai looked around and saw that everyone was busy. A shiver ran through his spine as dread settled into his guts. He slowly stood up and started moving towards his room.

Suho glanced at him from the sofa.
"What happened? You look anxious. Anything wrong?"

A sudden urge to lie went through Kai's head. He didn't like the word 'consequences' in the chat. He was not ready to tell the others anything.

Maybe it is just a sasaeng. I will handle it on my own. No need to burden them. Kai thought.

Kai looked at his hyung and mustered up a fake little smile.
"I am fine, hyung. I am just tired so I wanted to go and sleep."

Suho hummed but he didn't seem convinced.

"Just tell me when you face any problem. Don't hide anything from me, ok?"

Kai nodded at him and then went to his room.
He quickly locked the door behind him as he proceeded to sit on his bed.

He then again opened the chats. No new messages...

But the document was taunting him. He couldn't handle the curiosity so he opened it. He wasn't ready for the sight.

The image showed his mom in the mall. She looked happy and didn't seem to know that someone was clicking her pictures. 

He froze as he couldn't fathom what was happening.

He sent a message.

Kai: 'Who are you? What do you want? Why did you take my mom's pic without her permission?'

A message popped up.

Unknown: 'Well you should have thought before running away, leaving us behind. Now your mom would face the consequences.'

Kai went completely pale as he realised that the number belonged to the kidnappers, not a sasaeng.

Kai: 'Please don't do anything to her. I will do anything. Just leave her be.'

Unknown: 'Anything?'

Kai: 'Yes'

Unknown: 'Then come to the address that I will send you at the time given. Remember!! Do not tell anyone about this or your mom is not going to see the daylight anymore.'

Kai: 'Ok. I will come. Just leave her.'

A message popped up which contained an address and a time was also mentioned i.e., 2 am.

Kai threw the phone on the bed as he sobbed into his hands. He had thought that they would leave him alone. But No!! They were still after him. He looked at the clock.

8 pm...

He rubbed his face as he waited for the right time.

Just as soon as the clock showed 1.30 am, Kai threw a hoodie on himself and peeked into other's rooms. He looked at his sleeping brothers for the last time...

He was scared. His heart was beating too fast. He didn't know what to do.

"I am sorry", whispered Kai as he looked at Suho.

Then he went out of the dorm. He didn't take the car. He walked on the streets. After a while, he found a taxi and came to the destination. He paid the driver and got out of the taxi.

He watched the taxi leave with sad eyes. The cold night breeze touched his tanned skin thus leading to shivers.

Shivers...

Not only from cold...

But...

Also from fear...

He looked around. It seemed like an abandoned farmhouse. He walked around for a bit. He looked at the time.

2.00am

Then he heard it.

A vehicle...

He turned around to see 2 vans coming towards him. They stopped in front of him as several men dressed in all black came out.

He stood there silently as the men tied him up with ropes. Then he felt a prick on his neck. And he went out cold.