Chapter 16

"Hyung"

"Hyung"

"Wake up Hyung"

Seungcheol slowly opened his eyes to find a sad Dino hovering over him.

"Dino-ya", Seungcheol rasped out. His throat was raw with screaming the other day.

"Hyung!!!?"

Dino hugged him and started sobbing into Seungcheol's chest.

"Hush Baby"
"Hyung, you are hurt..."
"I am fine Chan-ah. See!"
"No!! you are not. You don't know how scared Mingyu and I were. Every single of us were scared."

Seungcheol let him speak.

"Do you know how scared and lost we both were?? We didn't know what to do. It was Hyunjin hyung who took the initiative to treat your wounds. Hyung..."

"Shhh Chan-ah, I am fine now. Hyung is fine"

"H-Hyung, they will come for Mingyu hyung next"

Chan sniffled. Seungcheol slowly sat up straight leaning heavily on Dino's shoulder.

The voices woke the others up. Mingyu rubbed his eyes as he moved from the pile they had created. "What happe......????"

Mingyu shut his mouth as soon as his eyes fell on Seungcheol.
His throat started closing up. Tears started to form in his eyes.

He stumbled towards Seungcheol and hugged him tightly.

"Ssss" Seungcheol hissed in pain.

"Ohh....sorry hyung. I forgot you were injured."

Mingyu immediately loosened his grip. His hands were hovering over Seungcheol's back.

"It's ok Mingyu-ah and what is Chan talking? They are coming for you??? What does that mean? What happened while I was out?"

"Hmmm...hyung, I..."
Mingyu told Seungcheol everything in detail.
Seungcheol sighed but still smiled at him.

"You were stupid. But I am actually proud of you. I wouldn't have sat around too, when some bastard is assaulting someone."

Mingyu's face brightened up at the praise.

Seungcheol felt a tug on his shirt.
He looked at his side to see Dino holding up 2 sandwiches.

"Did you eat Chan-ah?"
"Yup hyung. Everyone ate except you and Chanyeol"
Seungcheol smiled fondly at them and ruffled Dino's hair.

Then he took the sandwiches and started eating. He asked Dino and Mingyu whether they wanted to eat too but they refused. They only looked at their hyung with adoration and fondness on their faces.

"H-Hyung"

Seungcheol heard a tiny voice. He looked up to see Jeno standing there with his head downcast.

"Yes Jeno-ah"
"H-Hyung I-I am s-sorry"
Jeno stuttered out. He was slowly starting to tear up. Seungcheol smiled at him fondly.

"It's ok Jeno-ah. I am actually happy you chose me instead of the others. You made a good choice."

He completely ignored Mingyu and Dino's glare directed towards him and hugged Jeno.

"It's not your fault Jeno but I surely don't like you playing all hero hyung. We can't lose you", said Mingyu.

Seungcheol rolled his eyes at him but still smiled at him.

"Hyung, can I check your back for a minute?"
Seungcheol nodded towards Hyunjin. Hyunjin slowly pulled the hem of his shirt up and started checking on the wounds.

"It has not caught any infection but it wouldn't be long. We have tried our maximum best to cover your wounds up but you need a proper treatment. If you get an infection, it would be too dangerous for you", Hyunjin spoke to no one in particular.

Seungcheol hummed while Hyunjin fixed his shirt then he moved towards the corner again and as always Felix latched onto him.

It was endearing to see the duo. One is clingy to the other and the protectiveness that they both have for each other is admirable.

"What is that??"
He looked at the corner from where the voice had come from. It was Jisung. He was as quiet as a mouse since the start. Seungcheol would often forget about the younger one's presence.

"What Jisung-ah?", Taehyung softly asked from where he was hugging Jungkook.

Jisung was pointing in the far corner of the room which was completely dark. But Seungcheol could see it.

He could see a small shiny object in the dark. Jongin moved to pick the thing up.

"What is it hyung?", Dino asked.

"It is a key. A very small one that is"

They looked at Jongin curiously as he examined it.

"Why is it here though?", asked Felix.

"Maybe it fell from Nathan's pocket or something while Mingyu hyung was beating him up", replied Hyunjin.

"It doesn't actually matter from where it came from. What is the key for??", asked Jungkook.

Jongin shrugged but still tried to use the key to open his chains. His eyes widened when the lock clicked. The cuff opened and the chains clattered onto the floor. He looked at the others.

Jongin immediately opened the rest of the chains and freed them all.

"Ok...so what now?", asked Taehyung.
They somehow found themselves looking at Seungcheol. He was the only leader among them. So they somehow mentally relied on him.

"It is dangerous for us to stay here since Nathan is furious. And I don't think the door is unlocked...." Jongin went to check whether the door was opened or not. It wasn't. He even tried to use the key but to no avail.

The others looked at Jongin. He shook his head. He came down to the group. Seungcheol resumed, "Ok, since the door is locked, we need to wait for the men to open the door at least. We will hide behind the door and strike at them. Then we need to find a way out of this building."

Seungcheol looked at all of them in the eye and continued, "Even if one person escapes and brings the police, it would be enough."

They all nodded. Jongin agreed to carry Chanyeol on his back since he was still out cold. Mingyu was ready to carry Seungcheol but he refused. He didn't want to slow Mingyu down. Seungcheol was also in pain but he would try his best though.

They all waited on the top of the stairs for the men to come.

The wait was not long. They heard noises outside the door. Adrenaline coursed through their veins. They looked like panthers waiting for their prey in the dark.

Then the door opened.

"Its time to p..."
The men were smacked across their face. Dongwook and Nathan were among them. Anger took charge of them. They punched the men with much vigor and ran away. They ran in a corridor which had multiple doors on each side. They held each other's hand and ran with all their might.

So what will happen next? Will they escape? Or will there be another victim?