CH. 9

2nd person POV:

Waking up the next morning was weird. You didn't remember the last time the house was so... quiet. Looking to the side not far from your bed you see your window wide open with slight scratch marks on the sill. Fuck. Getting up you were hesitant to leave the room. You picked up your phone from the bedside table and sighed in relief when you saw the message from your mom.

Birth giver: Hey (Y/N), I managed to also get transferred to a different company building now that we were fully moved in. I can start working again, (y/s) is already at kindergarten. Be responsible you little prick <3

Honestly it was hilarious seeing how your mom sometimes copied your way of talking. Hearing a grown woman that's already in her early 40's calling someone a prick is the best thing you've seen in your whole life. Oh well, now ya got the whole house to yourself. But where did the scratch marks come from?.. "Why am I even asking myself that, I already know the damned answer." You sign out as you lift your gaze from your phone and onto the window.

God you were exhausted, even though the sleep was rather peaceful and dreamless you felt like you gained nothing from it. You were still fuckin' tired. Sighing in frustration, you make your way downstairs and turn on your phone again, opening Youtube and placing the phone on the counter while you pured yourself some cereal. You were too lazy to cook today. "Summer is ending, thank god." You say in relief as you ate a spoonful of the cereal.

Letting out an annoyed huff you turned the living room fan on. Summer may be ending but the heat is probably gonna stay for another month. That's how it usually was. "The murderer.. Right.." You contemplated going to the police. He's been on the run for a good few weeks now and this might just be the final piece they needed to catch the dude. Finishing your bowl of cereal you lay it in the sink as you check for the nearest police station on the maps. Getting up you race upstairs to get changed and run to the nearest bus station. "Fuck the bus is leaving in a few minutes." You said breathlessly as your running slowed to jogging. 'I should work out more goddamn.' You thought, luckily making it to the bus in time.