CH.20

No one was there but on the floor or your front porch laid a small box with a note on it. Picking it up you examine the package with caution. "eh whatever" You shrug, taking it up to your room before ripping off the note and reading it.

'Hey handsome.

Hope you're not too bored without me, I found this little guy on the street. Hes gonna keep you company for a while.

:)'

A creepy smile was drawn at the end of the note. You chose to completely ignore the suspicions red substance the letter was written in and brought the package up onto your lap.

"If its a decapitated limb i'm gonna throw hands" You joked, trying to ease your nerves. With your hands shaking you carefully tore the top open. It took you a second to process what you were looking at.

'Meow'

"Kitty!" You stared at the cat in awe as you picked it up. It was so cold so it quickly nuzzled into your warm body, practically throwing itself into you. "Awww you're so precious" You spoke in a babying tone, continuing to pamper the shit out of the cat. Giving it a small kiss on its snout you decide to set it down on one of your fluffier blankets so it could warm up.

"If i'm gonna be getting gifts like this from the creep i dont think enduring him will be THAT bad i guess" You sit up, walking out of the room. "Moooooom!!" You called out, hearing a distant 'Yeah?' from one of the rooms. Managing to find her you explain the cat situation, lying and saying it was a stray that got in by chance.

You walked your mom to your room, showing off the adorable kitten that was wrapped and snuggled into your blanket and basically getting swallowed by the millions of pillows you have. "Well fine, as long as you take good care of it i have no problem with the cat staying" She raised her hands up in defeat, already petting the little one.

"Oh and i'm guessing you haven't heard but Remmy and his family finally landed so ill be leaving to pick them up from the airport." She said, you beg to come with her and she agrees with little to no argument. "Finally, Im exited to see him again." You sigh as your mom and you drive to the airport, it was a good 40 minute drive away and the two of you were talking about small things like what you'll eat for dinner or that you're supposed to clean out the laundry again. "By the way dear. They're going to buy a house a bit further down the block, maybe 20-30 minutes away from us so would you mind taking (y/s) to kindergarten while I help them with filing the contracts and settling in?"

You nod, "Yeah, It's no problem, don't worry about it, I can handle a bit of babysitting. I'll probably be moving jobs tho.. The co-workers I have are nice but I'm scared shitless of that street now." You sigh, chuckling. "I understand, my job has some promotion spots open at the moment, you could work from home and help us create advertisements across social media and you wouldn't have to worry about that creep following you to work" She offered, not taking her eyes off the road. "That would be such a good thing, but do you really think your boss would hire a barely experienced 20 year old?"

"Well you're 20 so it's fine, she wouldn't give a damn." Mom shrugged nonchalantly, pulling into the airport parking lot. "Here you go in and i'll find a parking spot, they're supposedly on the left side, flight 6B." You give her a nod to let her know you heard her before jumping out of the car and shutting the door, giving her a small wave. In the reflection of her window you saw an odd figure behind you but as you turned to take a peek no one was there, odd. Shrugging it off as just your sleep deprivation finally getting to you you jog onto the sidewalk to not get run over by other cars. "Flight B6.. B6, B6-" You kept muttering the flight number to yourself as you viewed the airport map.

A finger came into your field of view, pointing at the flight you were looking for. You take a glance at the person to notice their hair is short and brunette with side burns and dark brown eyes you easily could've mistaken for black from afar. "Its over here." He said bluntly, staring you down. "Oh, thank you so much!- Uh-" You pause.

"Tim. My name is Tim." He answers and you thank him again as you part ways.

After your interaction with the Tim guy you ran across the whole left airport side, practically sliding across the seemingly freshly cleaned floors when you saw and nearly missed the 6B gate sign.

Saying you were winded was an understatement, you ran a marathon, you ran like your life depended on it, to the normal people in the waiting areas it looked like it was a life or death situation as you kept almost tripping over your feet.

Slightly crouching down as you unlock your phone again to text Remmy.

To your surprise you opened your chat to see a picture of you in the exact position. You only had some seconds to turn your head up before someone lunged at you with force almost knocking you down.

"(Y/NNN)!! MY MAN!" Remmy's voice rang loudly in your ears as you two hugged after he got off your back.

"Remmy! What's good dude?!" You squealed out in pure excitement while Remmy's parents watched you from a couple meters away, they described the two of you as 2 highschool girls in a drama musical when there's a new hot boy in town.