CH.25

The bathroom door opened and you looked back at him as you descended down the ladder. "Thanks." He said as you nodded, you gave him some red pajama pants with a white T-shirt. It was the only thing that seemed his size. Jeff was only slightly bigger than you but at the same time your clothes seemed to be far too small to fit his posture.

"Up there...um. You can stay up there till you heal up." You sighed as his eyes widened in shock again. "You're just gonna let me- Stay here?!" He whispered, absolutely baffled. "Under the condition that.. you keep my family out of our business." You pointed out as he nodded in agreement.

"You have a deal with me, just hope the others are gonna be this kind too." He sighed as you both just sat in the attic, he was looking around and getting comfortable. "Others?" You muttered to yourself, but he heard you.

"Yeah.. there's this lesbian that hates me, then there's another bitch that's obsessed with me and calls me her 'prince' and just some other acquaintances." He sighed.

"What the fuck did you say to have a lesbian after you" You giggled at your own joke, leaning back on your hands. "mmh.. the usual, I kinda murdered her whole family. They were one of my victims early on because we were neighbors." He shrugged as he kicked over a pillow and sat down in its place.

"Uh, thanks again, for y'know.. all of this" He sighed, leaning back in content. "It's no big deal, stay up here and.. just keep your end of the deal" You said, starting to climb back down into your room. "I will, it's a promise. I don't break those"

"You better not" You gave him a small grin and closed the hatch of the attic, letting him finally rest.

You awoke to murmurs around the house as footsteps kept passing your room every 5 minutes. It's been going on for about an hour and honestly you were on the verge of tears with how frustrating the annoying toned out words of Remmys parents were.

They were trying to convince your parents to leave and head to the museum you planned to go without you.

As you cracked your door open to go grab some breakfast Remmy was just passing the hallway. "Y/N! Are you hungry? You look exhausted, let me make you something, you just sit and rest." He lead you downstairs and made sure you were comfortable.

"Where are the fossils?" You asked as Remmy handed you a cup of tea. "Here the tea is mine but I just don't feel like drinking it anyways. It'll be good for your throat while its still healing oh and my parents are outside with yours."

"Thanks man, would you mind if i take my food up to my room? I don't want your and my parents berating me for my attitude yesterday." You sighed as you blew at the still hot tea to cool it down.

"Of course! Its your house (Y/N), I'm just a guest you don't have to ask for my permission. I'll make some extra since you seem real hungry, there's a bag of cat food there too, give it to your little friend." He pointed out at the corner of the room.

"Mmhm thanks again, you're the best Rems." You chuckled, leaning on your palm to support your head as you put down your tea.

"Ratatouille is in the house, yall 'bout to eat like royalty." He dramatically flipped a few strands of his hair out of his face and posed before going back to making breakfast.

The morning was filled with idle chat and you managed to retreat to your cave of a room with no encounters with the parents.

You fed the cat the food and reached under your bed to pull out a packet of paper plates and plastic cutlery. You could already hear shuffling up in the attic, Jeff probably woke up when you left the room.