CH. 24

You pulled up his hoodie, revealing a black T-shirt that seemed to have a huge rip at its side where he was holding himself. The wound was nasty and large, it seemed like 3 big slashes and 1 smaller cut.

You did your best to throw him in the bath, not caring to undress him further. As the warm water touched the wound his face subconsciously scrunched up in pain. The water was quickly turning red as you continued to arrange the rubbing alcohol and other items onto the floor while continuing to clean his wound.

His breathing notably slowed down. You practically spent nearly an hour, struggling to clean and disinfect the wound before pulling him out of the bath and leaning him against the bathtub's side. You cringed when his head practically dropped backwards and hit the bath's edge but it seemed to do the trick in regaining his consciousness.

He groaned, raising his hand to block out the bathroom light. You continued to apply gauze and bandages as he practically side eyed you. "Here, dry off" You said bluntly, handing him the towel that was previously laid on the counter next to the sink.

"Thanks.." he sighed, taking the towel as you started cleaning up. You laid the medkit on the sink and continued to change your own bandages since they were soaked. "Want me to help? You're doing it wrong" You turned around when you heard Jeff speak, he was sitting in a criss cross position with the towel draped over his hair, he wasn't making an attempt to dry off anymore and his eyes were sunken and tired.

"Yeah.. whatever, sure." You threw him the roll of bandages as you turned back to the mirror. Silence filled the room again as he was rewrapping your bandages, so this is the way to do it, you observed his work, seemingly admiring how well he's rewrapping them.

"The last time I stood before a mirror like this I still looked relatively normal." You heard him quietly mutter. "Really..?" You were intrigued now, Jeff seemed like such a closed off person so you were willing to listen to him, at least right now.

"Yeah." He chuckled, patting your shoulder to indicate he was done. "Are they too tight?" He asked, he looked at the bandages, checking for any imperfections.

"Nah.. They're fine, just make sure to dry off, I'll find you a change of clothes because there's no way I'm gonna let your soggy ass walk around my room." You walked out of the bathroom, failing to see his shocked expression.

He stood there in the bathroom, practically paralyzed as he stared at himself in the mirror before some clothes were thrown at him. "C'mon man stop daydreaming." You snorted out a laugh before leaving again and closing the door.

While he was changing you climbed up the little ladder in your room into the extra hatch of the attic. You were planning to make the top your little reading room but it would take a while for that so you decided to throw in a bunch of pillows and blankets up there.