CH.21

"Remmy! What's good dude?!" You squealed out in pure excitement while Remmy's parents watched you from a couple meters away, they described the two of you as 2 highschool girls in a drama musical when there's a new hot boy in town.

"My mom went to find a parking space, she should be outside right now." You pointed out as Remmy reached for your hand and followed his parents as the two of you chatted, happily skipping along and swinging your intertwined hands.

"Oh Mavis, we haven't seen you in so long!" Remmy's mom exclaimed as the parents continued their chat while loading the luggage into the trunk of mom's car.

The ride back was relatively short but the second the two of you got to your room Remmy collapsed onto your mattress. "Maaaan.. Jet lag really fucked me up." He groaned, tossing around to find his 'sweet spot' as he called it.

"I'd get you some pain killers but those are for me." You point to your obvious and bandaged throat. "SHIT- Bro its bleeding!" He sat up, looking panicked. "Fuck really?!" You panic with him as the next minute was filled with silence and the two of you just staring at each other.

"I'm bad with blood, like I physically can't stand it- Should I get dad? He knows first aid." Remmy shivered at the thought of your 'gruesome' injury as you nodded.

Your throat scratched and you started coughing. "Shut the fuck up, dont speak and sit down. I'll be right back" He rushed out of the room, you could hear him scream for his dad as he descended down the stairs.

The rest was a blur, you couldn't remember much but you didn't necessarily pass out, you were just severley dissociating. Small snippets of voices were heard and you felt the fresh bandages be layered on your skin. "Its okay bud, here drink this water and take your medicine" Remmy's dad said he handed you your prescribed pills and a big glass of water.

You took them and stared at the floor. You felt their gazes strong on you. "Stop staring at me." You mumbled, letting out a small cough as you turned your head away. "Buddy hey.." Your dad tried reaching out his hand to rest it on your shoulder but you snapped back. "Don't fucking touch me!" You snapped.

"Ay- Have some respect for your dad mate, he didn't mean any harm. We're trying to help." Remmy's dad cut in. "You don't know shit about what happened to me. Youre not my father so dont get your ass involved and back the fuck down Clark." You never called Rem's dad by his first name, it was always 'Mr. Sanderson' or some other joking nickname.

"At least have some common manners!" Mavis cut in. "Manners?... Manners?! My throat got fucking slit and im being stalked while the police doesn't do shit and you acting like im some weak baby you desperately need to fix and protect ist just so overwhelming. So no Mavis, same goes for you so stand down if you know what's good for you." You scowl at the shocked and pitiful looks you were receiving.

"Now get out, I can't deal with people right now." Remmy gave you a look of understanding as he practically pushed everyone out. Before leaving himself he turned around.

"Ay dude, you don't have to force yourself out i know how tense it must be now, i'll bring you your meals up until you're comfortable again alright?" His words made your heart ache as you nodded before he left and softly closed your door.

You bursted into tears as your throat burned, the pills still did not take effect yet. Your curled up body laid on your bed in a fetal position while desperately trying to gain hold of your unsteady breath as hugged your new addition to the family.

The cat was squirming slightly but it calmed down soon and licked the tears that just couldn't stop falling. The tickly sensation of your cat's rough tongue made you giggle slightly, your voice raspy from your still healing injury. "I love you so much buddy."

You caressed the cat's head as it practically fell back onto the bed and leaned into your soft touch. Due to your hysterical meltdown your eyes grew red and began burning, you closed them for a couple of brief seconds but seconds turned into minutes and before you knew it you drifted off to sleep.