Chapter 2

Before Eden could respond, the woman gasped as her face was now lit with confidence shown around her. "Yes. It's definitely you. You're the waitress that works at that local restaurant. Am sure of it and can't be mistaken with your auburn hair." The woman said and Lionel was beyond embarrassed. He didn't move from his seat and spared annoyed glanced at Eden who was constantly mouthing a sorry but this time her apologies wasn't going to cut it. This time it wasn't just some time alone in their house, it was now in public and Lionel's reputation was now hanging by a thread.

Just then they heard a faint deep laughter and Lionel's jaw clenched at the sound of that familiar voice. Mr Greyson along with his wife Janette approached them. "Woah Lionel! You never told us your wife works at a local cheap restaurant. I mean.. it's not bad but come on man! You're planning on achieving and reaching great heights and need a partner that can complement you and not..." He paused as he glanced at Eden. Eden was offended by his words and turned to Lionel expecting him to defend and stand up for her but Lionel remained quiet listening to all their taunts.

Janette laughed at her husband's sense of humour and nodded her head. "Yes honey... She is pretty I won't deny but not even these pretty face and elegant gown can cover up your true worth." She clearly was mocking Eden and she immediately stood up abruptly. "How dare you talk to me like that you sissy!" She defended herself. She wasn't a woman to wait for any man but still was pained Lionel didn't stand up for her.

"Watch your language ma'am!" Mr Greyson warned Eden raising his hands but Eden wasn't the least bit intimidated by his empty threats. "Then tell your wife to also watch her language. She acts elegant but clearly doesn't have simple manners and etiquette." Eden spat out making Janette to gasp in shock. "Lionel! Say something damn it! Your wife is insulting my wife." Mr Greyson turned to Lionel with furious eyes but Lionel couldn't care. His main concern was what just happened. She was recognised by a guest and could happen again. Telling her to quit her job was damn impossible as she always wanted to hav her way of being an independent woman and not be dependent on her husband.

Eden turned to Lionel who was still in thought and didn't give a damn about her being humiliated. "The waitress has got some claws but use those claws to remove gums from under the tables at that local restaurant you work for...come on Lionel you can obviously do better than this...what do you see in her. Congratulations on getting the tender but that might not last because of someone." Janette kept humiliating and shaming Eden who was at a loss for words at Lionel who didn't say a single word in her defence.

Mr Greyson laughed along with his wife while the other woman felt bad for widening her mouth to reveal her job. "Am very sorry ma'am. Excuse me." The woman left and Eden was annoyed at that woman for not being discreet. "I think it's better you focus on your own thing Mr Greyson. As for me I've won the tender and with this, am up to the top with you always and wipp always be below me." Lionel finally spoke getting off from his seat and glaring at Mr Greyson who too was furious by his comments. Janette huffed out annoyed and pulled her husband away but not before Mr Greyson said something. "Don't think so highly of yourself Mr Lionel Bluebird. You might have won this tender but note this..you won't go far letting a waitress be by your side...hahaha!"

Lionel got so angry and his face was turning red at his words. Fuck! He was cursing outloud and jerked Eden's hand away from his shoulders. Eden gasped at his reaction. "What's wrong with you Lionel. I know you're upset but..."

"Not now! At home!" Lionel cut her off in a fierce angry tone and left her to greet some investors and businessmen before he apologized for his abrupt exit from the event. He walked and grabbed Eden by her arm harshly making her to wince out. "Ah! Lionel you're hurting me!" She whispered but Lionel couldn't give a damn about her feelings. Only his feelings should matter and not her. He was completely embarrassed by Eden and his rival Mr Greyson along with his wife had their damn fun time mocking him all night.