Chapter 12

Lionel tried focusing and digging holes on the image which was projected by the projector with his eyes. He darted his vision towards the man who stood at the side of the displayed image illustrating the project at hand.

He sat down and slightly tapped his pen unto the glass table repeatedly as his mind only darted towards Eden. Three whole years had gone by and not once did he miss her. Not once did he crave to hear a glimpse of her voice. His memory of her had completely vanished or so he thought.

Let go of me... Mr Bluebird.

He clenched his fists that held the pen tightly as he recalled how formally she addressed him. He held his temple with his other hand before he heaved out a deep sigh wandering how did Eden suddenly arrive into his life again after a gap of three years. He always saw her as a lowly person and someone completely undeserving for him. His racing heart beat loosened down as he kept on telling himself how he made the right choice of divorcing her three years ago.

"Mr Bluebird...Mr Bluebird!" Lionel raised his head now and met with the confused gaze of the man who was presenting the project. Soon all eyes were on him now waiting patiently for his say and opinion concerning the project. Of course half of the presentation wasn't close to his ears and he nodded simply.

"I'll have my final say by tomorrow." He spoke quickly before he got up from his seat and exited the conference room. Ramirez walked behind him while holding the folder that contained all the information of the project. "Sir. If you want.. I can quickly interview more applicants for the post of your personal secretary...."

"That won't be necessary Ramirez." Lionel cut him off immediately walking towards his office. Ramirez held a confused expression on his face. "What do you mean by that sir? You know you can't handle everything on your own. Your h.. " "And who said I'll be without a secretary. The one who stormed out of this company will come back and sooner." A mischievous smirk adorned his lips after he spoke those words making Ramirez even more confused. He knew his boss meant Ms. Quinn but seeing how she stormed off after seeing Lionel meant they had a history of some kind together.

Curiosity did evade Ramirez's mind but kept numb from prying further knowing his boss always got what he wanted. As they both entered Lionel's office, Ramirez's phone rang and he saw the caller ID, it was from reception. He answered the call with Lionel's permission.

"A Mr... Juanes?" Lionel's eyes went straight to Ramirez after hearing the name. "Send him straight to my office and no one should interrupt us via anything." Ramirez immediately nodded before dropping the folder on the desk and left the office.

•~•

Eden went straight to Lionel's parents home to pick up Mia. On her way she contemplated whether to inform his parents about Lionel. She knew this piece of information was going to distort the elderly couple's peace of mind. Mrs Bella was still very sensitive when it came to Lionel, her only child while his father Mr Christopher had completely disowned him as his son.

Mrs Bella opened the door and was evidently shocked to see Eden back so early. She stretched her head back into her home and directly at the wall clock. It was ticking 3:45pm.

She turned back towards the door and looked at Eden with a narrowed brow. "What happened Eden? You're early from work? Isn't today supposed to be your first day" She asked.

Eden remained silent before replying. "May I come in Mrs Bella?"

"Of course my dear." Mrs Bella stepped aside and let her in before shutting the door. "Where's Mia?"

"She's fast asleep. The little angel played a lot and even helped her grandpa sell at the store today." Mrs Bella chuckled while Eden could only mask out a faint smile. She wasn't doing okay but needed to pull herself together for her daughter's sake. She had messaged Julian to meet up at her place tonight for a discussion.