Chapter 29

Lionel inhaled deeply while feeling the sting on his left cheek. Eden got up abruptly and glared at him. Just then they both heard the sound of the clapping of hands which drove their attention towards Monique who had already walked in while wearing an angry look at Eden. She never would have imagined that Eden was eyeing her husband. She would not have thought Eden was that kind of woman.

Monique kept glaring at Eden as she walked towards her. "So you're a slut who goes after married men, right?" Eden widened her eyes in shock. "Monique!" Lionel warned in a harsh tone.

Eden got upset by her words and opened her mouth to speak when her eyes drew down to her flat belly making her voice to halt down her throat. Lionel also followed Eden's gaze and was also stunned by the realization. His heart clenched tightly recalling how she had lost the child.

Monique turned to Lionel who slowly got up from the bed with his gaze being fixed unto Monique's stomach. Monique gulped and slowly met Lionel's eyes. "L...Lionel." Eden whispered seeing all the color drained from Lionel's face. She felt a tight and painful pang in her chest seeing Lionel very sad. Despite everything that happened between them, Eden wasn't at her best seeing Lionel sad and downcasted.

Lionel's eyes then locked with Monique. His eyes had turned red. Monique shooked her head and she felt Eden walking close to Lionel when she rushed to hug Lionel and started to cry out on his chest. Eden blinked and composed herself immediately. What was she about to do right now?

Monique kept on clinging to Lionel's hospital clothes and wetting them with her tears. She looked up to find Lionel's eyes that were latched on Eden. Inside her, she felt utterly angry and wandered who Eden was and why Lionel was staring at her.

She clung to his chest and continued to weep badly. "Our baby Lionel. We..we lost our baby." Lionel closed his eyes letting Monique's words sink into him. He had lost a child. His child. His flesh and blood. He was weak while Monique continued to weep badly trying to gain his attention.

Eden felt pain for not just Lionel but also at Monique as well. She knew Monique would be in so much pain for loosing her child. It made her recall Mia and wandered how she would have coped after her divorce if Mia wasn't in her life.

She suddenly began to feel out of place and was about to walk out but Lionel held her arm stopping her. She turned around and looked into his pleading brown orbs. He was begging for her to stay through his eyes. He needed her at this point in his life. He felt torn within. He had many things planned for his child but now he had lost him.

Eden gulped again and restrained herself from running into his arms. She could feel his pain despite everything that had happened between them for some reason but then she couldn't comfort him. No matter how much she tried to, she couldn't bring herself to take all his pain away. As always something was restraining her. An obstacle between them. His marriage.

She pulled his hand away from her arm and ran out of the room. She was running towards the elevator when she bumped into Bella. Bella looked at her worriedly seeing her already glassy eyes. "What happened dear?" Eden shooked her head. She hated feeling this way for Lionel despite everything he did to her. She hated how pitiful she saw herself for still caring for Lionel and not bearing to see him in any pain.

"I shouldn't have come here," That was all she said before reaching for the elevator botton and stepping inside. Bella watched in confusion as the elevator door slided shut before she directed her eyes back to Lionel's room.

Lionel pulled Monique away slowly and sighed looking away. "Please say something Lionel. Talk to me." Monique implored and hugged him tightly like a koala. She knew letting him go was the way to allowing him throw her away from his life. Her mind darted to Eden and knew by their closeness and the kiss. One thing she knew for sure was that Eden was someone special to Lionel.