Chapter 14

Eden was raging and her chest was heaving with pure anger. How could he ever dare to threaten her with filing for custody. "How dare you Lionel! You never even wanted to look at your child not once. You literally left us and..." Tears began to form in her eyes as she was speaking. This man before her had really stopped so low. She began to wander how she could ever fall in love with a person like him. He literally is the definition of a horrible man.

"Even after our divorce not once did you try to contact me about your child. I sent you messages even though I shouldn't have. I even tried contacting you several times despite my mom forbidden me. But I felt you still had the right to know that I was in labor and about to give birth but guess what... I found out you changed your number and I couldn't reach you. And now you have the guts to threaten me with that.. Custody! You're an idiot for saying that." Eden lashed out at him before she sniffled and wiped away her tears.

Lionel slowly turned to face her. His left cheek was painted red with Eden's fingerprints. He looked into her eyes and studied them carefully. This was the first time she had slapped him and he didn't like that one bit. He hated this new formed attitude of hers. He wanted her to be the lovey dovey Eden he knew who will do anything for him.

He then smirked at her as he slowly used his hand to smoothen his red cheeks. "I see you've got strong hands for a woman Eden," He chuckled which made Eden widened her eyes at his sense of humor.

Her shocked expression was replaced with an angry glare. "Get out, Get out!" Eden yelled the second time. "Don't you dare yell at me Eden! This isn't over at all. I'll see my daughter no matter what and you know me well Eden. I always get what I want." Lionel also got angry. Eden's anger slowly turned into fear but she refused to let it show before him.

Lionel straightened his suit and gave her a one last glare. "You'll hear from me very soon. You aren't going to get rid of me so easily." He got into his car and drove off leaving Eden to now be in a state of panic.

She knew him all too well and when he made his point clear, he was sure to keep on his word. She rubbed her temples in anxiety and wandered why he was troubling her. The child he didn't want to know about three years ago was suddenly threatening her with filing for custody. Now she was in a real situation but then tried to calm herself down by assuring herself that Lionel has no chance in claiming custody.

Eden stepped into the apartment with a worried look but immediately placed a smile on her face the moment she came across Julian and Lucia in the living room having the lasagna for dinner. "Your meeting took long. Was it about work?" Lucia asked. Eden moved her gaze towards Julian who only smiled at her before she nodded to Lucia.

Eden went into her room and was anxious all through. She kept pack g back and forth in her room while slightly biting her nails in anxiety contemplating what to do. Well he hadn't done anything yet but he could surprise her with something which she knew was Lionel's speciality.

"Who was that man outside with you and while were you tense after he left?" Eden halted and turned to the door to find Julian leaning by the door while folding his arms.

•~•

His car was at a high speed and managed to dodge some cars that were ahead of him. His hands both held tightly unto the steering wheel while his forehead was creased with anger. Recalling the slap she gave him, he felt humiliated like never before especially in front of her. The woman he always considered unworthy of him after their marriage.

He clenched his jaw and grinded his teeth in anger as he increased the speed limit of his Porsche unto the highway. He grabbed his phone that was on the passenger's seat and dailed his lawyer's number quickly. If Eden wasn't willing to let him see his daughter, he has other means to do so and that was the law. His eyes was shut as he recalled all her accusations and he bit his lip knowing full well he was at fault for abandoning his daughter once.

Surprisingly to him, that was one of the mistakes he regretted making. Seeing his cute little angel in the photo when she was celebrating her one year old birthday, he felt something build up inside him. An emotion that was completely unknown to him. He'll admit he had made the wrong choice of not seeking out for her earlier but it wasn't late according to him.

His lawyer picked up the call on the third ring.

"Good evening Mr Bluebird." His lawyer, Mr Forger replied over the phone. Lionel sighed before he spoke. "I need you to prepare a permit for me inorder to visit my daughter."

"Daughter?" Mr Forger asked and confusion could be clearly noticed in his tone of voice. "Yes. My daughter from my first marriage. I need to see her and her mother isn't letting me see her." Lionel responded quickly. He didn't want to go into much details about his past with his lawyer. Mr Forger hummed in understanding after sensing his hesitance to elaborate more on the subject. "Can you send me all the details about your daughter and her mother. And are you sure the child is yours Mr Bluebird?" Lionel chuckled before he hardened his jaw at his lawyer's question.

"Of course she's my daughter. I wouldn't ask you this if I wasn't sure." He responded harshly. Mr Forger nodded and hummed in response. "I'll get the documents ready immediately." Lionel hung up the call and tossed the phone over to the passenger's seat while focusing on his driving. He needed to see his little angel and not even a person like Eden can stop him from doing so. "I'll make you regret hitting me across the face my red haired. I'll make sure you have no other option left but to come to only me and beg me. You've gotten pretty fierce and bold, I congratulate you Eden but Lionel Bluebird isn't one to back down so easily. I don't know why I feel this way all of a sudden but with you back into my life once again, I'll always have you close to me no matter what." He promised himself and chuckled slightly before grabbing his phone again and dailed Juanes's number.

With his money and power and fame, he could easily do anything to have his way and that goes for the same with Eden. True he didn't see her as a worthy person but now that she returned after three years, he knew to himself that loneliness was getting far from him. "I need you to do a few things for me. I'll send the information to you. " He told Juanes and hung up. He smirked and wandered how Eden's face and reaction will be once she found out what he's planning.

Just then his phone buzzed and he darted towards his phone screen while still keeping a keen eye on the road. He saw the caller ID was from his personal driver. He picked up the call.

"Sir... Sir!" Lionel's face narrowed in confusion as he digested that the person on the phone wasn't his driver but the feminine voice also sounded familiar.

"Sir. Sir it's me Surbhi." Lionel could hear her heavy breathing as well as panting. "What's wrong Surbhi? Why are you anxious...What happened?" Lionel asked impatiently. "Sir....Sir... Well it's ma'am...She...." Surbhi stuttered while still breathing heavily. "Words Surbhi. What happened to Monique?"

"She.. She collapsed sir. We're currently...at...at the hospital sir." Surbhi replied and the sound of her cries was heard over the phone. Lionel's eyes widened at the news.

Don't forget to like and comment as well as to follow me if you haven't. Any ideas what Lionel is planning and also why Monique fainted? Comment down below.