Chapter 11

Eden blinked her eyes a few times before she hissed and held her temples. Her vision was still blurry after regaining consciousness. "Are you okay?" Lionel's voice echoed straight into her ears making her vision to instantly clear off. She faced him and saw he was sitting on a chair quite close to her.

She looked around and saw they were in his office. Wandering how she fainted, she quickly recalled everything and what led to her fainting. Her eyes darted towards him with sheer anger ramming holes into his brown eyes.

Lionel knew exactly what that angry look in her eyes meant. He stared back at her still with his thin lips sealed shut. "So...so you got married." Her voice was beginning to break. The words felt like daggers and poison in her mouth as they flew out and her heart shattered at the thought. All these years she only thought of him alone and refused to move on as she was still in love with him. Sometimes she wandered why she was still thinking of him. Maybe a part of her believed that Lionel would return to her and Mia someday. Someday when he would realize his mistakes and seek for forgiveness. She was willing to let it all go and receive him again but knowing the hurtful truth in front of her, it was impossible for her.

"I had to. I told you I needed somone who'll complement me and look... I found the perfect one." He said without any ounce of regret in his eyes except the smirk that played on his lips. "She's the lucky one." This time his gaze turned to face the photo frame that held his and Monique's wedding picture. Although deep down he long ago stopped seeing Monique as his wife after her truth was revealed to him in the most unexpected manner which irked him as he hated lies more than anything. But of course he couldn't tell Eden that and only danced in his lie.

He turned his gaze back to her and spotted her on the verge of her eyes becoming glassy. That alone made him to know in an instant that this red haired like he always called her was still into him like always.

Eden held in her tears as she battled against her tears from falling off especially in front of him. She refused to grow weak and look like the worthless and blind lover she once was. Her mother's constant warnings was now flooding and hitting her eardrums. But now everything was clear to her. It was sooner or later and she had to come out of her illusion containing her one sided love. She sniffled slightly and stood up straightening her clothes before heading out while slightly limping towards the door.

"Hey! Where are you going. Your ankle's been sprained Eden," Lionel called out and quickly got up from his seat before holding her arm in order to stop her. Anger rushed down on Eden for being such a dumb person. She yanked her arm away and turned to face him. "Hey what's with the damn attitude?" Lionel asked getting angry at her sudden outburst. Eden narrowed her brows at his question. Was he seriously asking her this.

It took everything in her not to burst out in front of him. Her body was shaking wanting to vent out her caged anguish but not in front of him. She had promised herself years ago how she wasn't going to cry or be weak in front of him anymore. "Let go of me...Mr Bluebird." She spoke with her voice broken which was also mixed with anger in them. For some reason he didn't like her addressing to him in a formal tone. It didn't sit well with him within and he wandered why but shrugged it off easily.

The anger that could be clearly seen on her face disturbed him. Never in his life did he think he would see anger replace the unconditional love she had for him. "You're not going anywhere...at least not with that sprained ankle." He said keeping his expression stoic. Eden couldn't care less and just wanted to step out of here away from him. There was no way she could accept this job anymore. That excitement that rushed through her when she got the job suddenly vanished upon seeing his face.

"And why the hell do you care! Let go of me." Eden was loosing it right now. The love she had for him was slowly transforming into hatred. She couldn't handle his betrayal when they were still married. How foolish she was to think he wouldn't find a better woman according to his taste of preference all these years. He was right about her, she was really dumb like he said. Tears threatened to spill out and she turned away from his gaze with her chest now heaving. She couldn't even breathe the same air as him in this damn office.