Chapter 34

"So how was your meeting with Julian's parents?" Eden had barely made her step into the apartment before being questioned by her mother. She glanced at her mother who was still awake this late.

"You're still up...this late?" Eden said and shut the door behind her. She sighed in relief as she took off her heels and tossed them towards the corner before bouncing on the couch. Lucia sipped her coffee and walked from the hall into the living room.

She took a seat opposite Eden. Eden gave her mother a look and she knew her mother was dying to hear what happened. "So tell me dear, how did it go?" Eden held her forehead and looked exhausted. All through the drive home, only Clara's words were echoing inside her ears. She was shaken to the extent of having kids in her thoughts. After Mia, she told herself she wasn't going to go through the trouble of having another child and struggle all through that process again.

The fact that Clara was quick and clear to dismiss Mia as an outsider was an insult towards her. She didn't like her words not once and it so happened she was the mother of the man she was currently dating.

"I'll be honest and tell you. I know you won't let me be without knowing it all. The dinner went horrible. It was a bad idea." Eden spoke out not caring about her words. Lucia nearly choked on her coffee and narrowed her brows. "How so?" She asked.

"What can I say mom. His parents are wonderful people and of course I respect them for raising a kind person like Julian and raised him well but..." Eden paused.

"But?" Lucia pushed her to go on.

"It's Julian. He surprised me over at dinner." Her voice was low and it held hurt and betrayal. "What do you mean by he betrayed you?" Lucia placed the mug on the center table and seemed interested in the topic more seriously.

Eden didn't know how to start. Julian had completely swiped her off her feet with his plans. Plans that she wasn't even called for agreement. She wasn't getting why he was in a rush when they just started dating.

"What's the matter Eden? Did Julian do something wrong?" Eden shooked her head feeling unsure if what Julian did was the right thing or not. "He's going too fast mom. We just started dating and he's already planning so much. I didn't want to go to the dinner but I did for his sake and then he plans to get married at the soonest and even wants to give Mia his last name. It's absurd mom." She replied.

Lucia's eyes widened and her face marveled in excitement. "And what's wrong with that dear?" She asked. "What's wrong in that? Are you serious mom. Didn't you hear what I just said? He is planning things that we didn't discuss as partners. He didn't ask for my consent before planning all these and with Mia having his last name...."

"And why can't Mia have his last name when the two of you get married?" Lucia cut her off and Eden gasped.

"What do you mean by that mother? Mia has a dad and she'll have his last name." Eden spoke, upset that her mother couldn't understand or rather didn't want to understand. She had already seen Julian as the perfect man for her and Eden could tell at this point that Julian couldn't be wrong in Lucia's eyes. She practically gave up in that aspect.

"If you've forgotten Eden then let me remind you that before Mia was born, that idiot Lionel didn't want her to have his last name. It seems you've completely forgotten about that. You should be happy that Julian wants to give Mia his last name." Lucia huffed and grabbed her mug to drink a bit of her coffee.

Eden didn't respond. She remembered meeting up with Lionel a few days ago. He had shocked her with the news of wanting Mia to have his last name. It was a real shock for her and never did she realize he would one day do that. She hadn't told Julian nor Lucia about that and didn't want to either until the document and procedure were finalized.