Chapter 46

“How are you enjoying staying with Aunt Susan's sister Mia?” Eden asked over the phone. “Very well momma. Am enjoying myself here with Gina and Robert and Cynthia and Toby. We went to the water park today momma. I had so much fun!” Mia squealed over the phone and just that alone brought a wide smile to Eden's face. At least admists the chaos going on in her life right now, her little girl was happy and enjoying herself.

“Am glad you're having a wonderful time. Mommy misses you so much. And don't forget that mommy loves you very much.” Eden had a tear in her eyes. “Yes momma. I know you and papa love me a lot.” And, that got to Eden. Sometimes she still wondered when Lionel's re-appearance has changed their lives completely. It was just her and Mia before and with a good friend like Julian by her side. Her career as a stylist and a makeup artist had gone through the roof. Her life had finally started and she enjoyed her simple and not chaotic life like she had now.

Sometimes she wished Lionel didn't come back into her life. Even though Lionel and Monique were divorced now, it still didn't change anything. Nothing had changed at all for her. Eden knew she could never love Julian in that sense but also knew that Lionel was also toxic for her. Eden spoke with Mia for a little while before Mia excitedly ended the call to have ice cream with her new friends.

Eden hadn't yet gotten a call from Souqueline about the entire issue but did receive some work from her clients. She had one who needed her services for tonight. For the past one hour she had been contemplating whether to accept the work or not. This could get her mind off of things and plus she wasn't sure if she could still keep her job under Souqueline. She had made her skills known and could work outside the office.

Eden was packing her makeup kit which she had bought a couple days ago. She had decided to accept the work and get her mind occupied. She glanced through her phone and had her shoulders low when Julian didn't respond to her calls and messages. She didn't want to loose a friend like Julian. She had planned to tell him about things not working out for them but never expected that him seeing her having sex with her ex on camera would be the way to end things between them. She even believed Julian might have blocked her number by now.

Just as she brushed her hair, the door opened suddenly catching her off guard. Susan was at the doorway and didn't waste any time in entering her room and had her eyes roaming around the television. “What happened Susan?” Susan didn't respond and had her eyes lighted up upon finding the remote.

“Sit with me. Lionel's on air.” Susan dragged Eden to sit with her on the bed. Eden's eyes did flash wide open with a blink as her eyes moved towards the TV once Susan turned it on.

Behind the TV screen was Lionel surrounded by a bunch of reporters and the whole media. He was organizing a statement outside his office building. Eden looked at the viewerships and couldn't believe that many people would be interested in knowing about her personal life. This was crazy as it gets.

“So tell us Mr Bluebird, where you cheating on your wife Mrs Monique with another woman?” A female reporter raised her pen in question and others began to bombard Lionel with more personal questions. Some with disgusting thoughts that made Eden not want to watch it anymore.

“I will answer all of your questions. Firstly I would like to announce to the public that Monique and I are no longer together. We are divorced and that too under mutual consent and agreement. I wanted to keep this between us but after a video which was leaked without mine and Eden's consent, I had to say all of these. Am a free man and am allowed to be with anyone I please. My personal life is not a juicy gossip for the media to be writing on the papers and posting on social media platforms. It's absolutely wrong on many levels and I've filed a complaint to have that video taken down and to investigate who dared to record my private moments.” Lionel looked at the camera with a focused gaze. Eden thought he was staring right at her through the screen.