Chapter 16

"I can't believe that bastard dared to threaten you about filing for custody. Damn the nerve of him," Anne stated baffled after Eden informed her everything that occurred that night.

Eden was in a panicked state about the whole situation. "Am really worried now Anne. I mean knowing Lionel, I know he's capable of putting forth his conditions into reality. And to top that, am also jobless as well. If I don't find a job soon, I don't know." Eden said as they both reached the receptionist counter.

Anne felt bad for her and rubbed her back softly. "I really wish I could help you my friend." Eden gave her a smile. "Don't worry. I know dear." Anne was the assistant of a famous fashion designer in New York and being in the fashion industry wasn't clearly Eden's area of speciality but wouldn't mind trying to. She hoped she would get a job soon and was confused as to why she hadn't been contacted yet about any vacant job offers for three days now.

They were currently at the hospital as Anne was to receive her boss' test reports from the doctor. She asked Eden to accompany her and maybe visit her boss for recommendation.

"Excuse me madam. Am here to receive Miss Souqeline Brown's reports." Anne told the receptionist who checked her files and smiled taking out the report and handed it over to her. Anne placed a smile and took the report.

They were both heading out when they both bumped into a woman and the file she had in her hands fell and the papers within stuck out from the file folder. "Am so sorry ma'am." Eden quickly apologized while the woman who turned out to be Rosalinda was irked at the mess of the papers that were now scattered on the shiny cream tiles floor.

"Are you damn blind woman. Look at what you did," Rosalinda spoke annoyed and glared at both women. Eden quickly volunteered to pick up the papers while Anne held Eden's arm and gave Rosalinda a glare in return. "Looks like you don't have any matters woman."

Rosalinda gasped at Anne's rude tone. "I also see that your parents didn't teach you any manners of respecting your elders." Anne rolled her eyes and gave her a reply. "I give respect to those who deserve it. And ma'am your rude attitude was totally uncalled for either. We bumped into you and didn't hurt you physically." Anne stated while Eden got down and helped to fix the papers inside the folder and a particular piece of paper now caught her attention.

The paper had Monique's picture at the top left corner of the paper. Eden could tell this paper was her report of some kind. She couldn't decipher the exact report as it was mostly with some remarks and numbers on it. Her eyes widened when she stared at the topic of the folder.

She was literally shaking to her bones when she instantly knew what the report was. She glanced down and saw the final write-up. POSITIVE.

"hurry up woman!" Rosalinda's voice made Eden snap out of her thoughts and she hurriedly fixed the papers inside the folder. She stood straight and handed the folder to her and couldn't help her curiosity and she asked. "Is that your daughter ma'am?" Rosalinda looked at her and at the picture of her daughter which was on the folder cover. Rosalinda gave her a nod and walked away not before giving a long glare to Anne.

"What a sassy and rude woman." Anne said and huffed before seeing that Eden was staring at Rosalinda's back while disappearing into the hallways. "Eden, where is your head at girl?" She asked narrowing her eyes. Eden quickly shooked her head and tried to smile but the faintest of smile didn't show on her face after seeing that report.

"Oookay then. Come on. You wanted to stop by my boss' office right?" Anne asked. Eden nodded. She felt terrible but now her chance of loosing her daughter was at stake and she desperately needed any job she could find. They both got into Anne's car and we're heading off to Anne's workplace when Eden received a call from Lucia.