Chapter 36

Monique opened her eyes to the sounds of beeping machines around her. Her eyes were a bit blurry because of the sudden light that evaded her eyes. "How do you feel Ms. Monique?" Monique turned to the sound of the deep voice and was face to face with a man.

Judging by his white coat and stethoscope hanging around his neck, she could seduce he was the doctor in charge. Her mind was still hazy and couldn't put things right until afterwards realized she had a scheduled appointment for her surgery. She felt pains in her body but they were faintly and something she could handle.

She turned her face to the doctor, "Doctor, was..the surgery successful?" She asked slightly panicking inside and dreading for the doctor's answer. Her mother had convinced her to go through with the surgery and have a long life in order to get Lionel back. She was going to be upset if the surgery wasn't successful which meant her plans would have been ruined especially now when she and Lionel were no longer married.

Doctor Vincent smiled down at her and that assured a sigh of relief making her gasp out. "Yes Ms. Monique. The surgery was a success and your cancerous cells have been removed just in time. The procedure was successful." She parted her lips and was breathing through her mouth as well very excited by the news. She couldn't believe she was going to be cured. She thought she didn't have a long life in her destiny but somehow it wasn't in her destiny and she had a chance at life.

She giggled and held her mouth to control her bubbling laughter. She was over the moon with the news and couldn't express her joys for long as she felt the pain in her body increase. "Take it easy Ms Monique you just had surgery and need lots of rest. I'll administer a sedative soon after." The doctor said.

"But can't you get me a painkiller for the pain doctor?" She asked. Doctor Vincent shooked his head in denial. "No. You just had surgery and need physical rest. No painkillers. Deal with the pain for a while but be assured you're out of danger and are perfectly healthy at this point." He smiled and Monique nodded and giggled a little.

"Your mother's outside but we'll let you see her as soon as we do a last round check up on you." Doctor Vincent said and Monique nodded.

Rosalinda walked into her room shortly after and Monique smiled seeing her mother walk through the door with a laugh on her face. Monique straightened her body and laid her back on the pillows behind her.

"My darling. The doctor told me everything..." Rosalinda had tears in her eyes and took slow walks towards Monique giving off the impression of how she couldn't believe that her daughter was now to be free from cancer. It was a miracle it happened.

She reached her and hugged her tightly. Monique groaned in pain feeling her mother crushing her organs and patted her back to notify her. "oops, am so sorry dear." Rosalinda pulled away and Monique saw tears filling her eyes. "Mom am fine now. Am all better. You can't cry anymore now because am not going to leave this world nor you anytime soon." Monique held her mother's hand and they both chuckled afterwards.

"And how do you feel?" Rosalinda asked her.

"Am super mom. Am elated to finally have my life back without any restrictions and a chance to be with Lionel again," Rosalinda's smile vanished instantly after hearing Monique's reply.

"Sweetie please. When are you going to drop the subject with Lionel. You two are divorced and he wants nothing to do with you." Rosalinda said and Monique got her happy mood turned sour instantly. She hated this side of her mother telling her to forget Lionel. She might try to but she knew she couldn't. His name and everything was engraved in her heart. She adored and loved him to no ends and could do anything for him except to walk away from his life forever.