Chapter 40

"You! Why did you call me?"

Julian turned to Eden while kick starting the car driving away from Susan's home. "Is everything okay honey?" He asked fixing his eyes on the road ahead.

Eden didn't say anything but her face being slightly upset made Julian wonder who she was talking with.

"I'll hang up now...." Eden said in a flat tone.

"No. Don't hang up Eden. You'll regret it if you hang up." Paula threatened over the phone. Eden blinked in shock. "Are you threatening me?" She asked.

Julian felt concerned as soon as he heard her being threatened by someone on the phone. "Eden! Honey who's on the phone with you. Is it Lionel?" He asked occasionally glancing towards her direction while still keeping his eyes glued on the road.

"Am not threatening you Eden. Am warning you. Stay far away as possible from Julian. You don't deserve him at all. He deserves someone better." Paula replied over the phone. Her spy who she hired to stalk Julian twenty four seven had informed her about Julian picking up Eden tonight. The news infuriated her as she was planning her own to be closer to Julian. She might have left him for better things back then but her heart was still with Julian.

Eden chuckled over the phone. "And do you think you deserve him more? Have you forgotten what you did to him. You left him shattered Paula. He yearned for you but you didn't care about him one bit." Julian had now realized who was on the phone. He gritted his teeth and his hold on the steering tightened. He was pissed off by Paula and her antics in trying to ruin his night but he had this chance to be with Eden and wasn't going to let Paula ruin it for him.

"You don't love him Eden and you know that deep down. Stop hurting him and be honest. You don't care about him but only yourself...." Julian snatched the phone from Eden's hold and placed it against his ear.

"Listen you woman! Don't you ever call Eden again. Understand! Am warning you Paula. Just get out of our lives will you? Leave us in peace!" He didn't wait for Paula to respond and simply hanged up the phone immediately he said what he wanted to say.

He gave back Eden's phone and exhaled deeply trying to subside his rising anger. Paula had ruined his mood but that wasn't going to stop him from claiming Eden tonight. Nothing could ruin this special night for them.

Silence filled the space of the car and Julian decided to lighten up the silent atmosphere and played Eden's favourite music on the radio. He moved his hands on the steering giving Eden some few glances. Eden had noticed his effort after playing her favorite song. She smiled at him trying to assure him that she was good. But Paula's words didn't stop ringing in her ears.

Soon the driving came to a halt as Julian pulled over in front of his home. It wasn't a mansion but somewhat close. He had bought this house a few days ago. He wanted something spacious for Eden and Mia once they eventually got married. He sold his apartment for a spacious big house like this. He did it all for Eden.

Eden was speechless seeing the beautiful house. It was a beautiful one indeed. "When did you plan this?" She asked as she stepped out from her side after Julian opened the car door for her. Julian smiled. "A few days ago. It's nice, isn't it?" He asked and Eden affirmed by nodding.

"And..your apartment?"

"I sold it. Part of its money went into buying this one. I wanted something comfortable and also luxurious for both you and Mia when we decide to get married soon or just to move in with me soon." Julian turned to hold her by the waist and stared into her eyes while smiling.

Eden smiled back but her smile didn't reach her cheeks. Everything he was doing was too much for her. She wasn't even sure at this point if their relationship would eventually lead to marriage. He was doing his best to impress her and she felt somewhat guilty for leading him on. Well she wasn't expecting all this. She had only wanted a relationship but not in this manner. He was already doing lots of stuff for her and she wasn't liking how she couldn't offer him much in return.