Chapter 38

Julian tightened his hold around his phone in anger and jealousy in his office. His teeth was clenched against each other while he continued to stare at the photo on his phone screen. He slammed the phone on his desk and heaved a long deep sigh before leaning back on his seat ruffling his dirty blond hair and rubbing his face.

He wondered why did she not inform him about her whereabouts especially with him at this time. It was a photo of Eden and Lionel getting close to each other. His face was severely close to hers in his car. Paula had sent him the photo a few minutes ago with a caption that wrote Exes reuniting.....

Julian huffed out in anger. He was wondering why Eden allowed that man to come close to her like that when she was with someone else. Their faces were so close that their lips almost brushed each other. He wondered why Eden didn't inform him about going out with her ex and daughter together. Seeing them all seated together in the car screamed a perfect family to him.

"No! I won't allow him near you. He's...he's just pretending to be good in front of you. People like him never change." He whispered seethedly before his phone rang. He quickly picked up his phone from his desk hoping it was Eden but got his high hopes pressed down when Paula's name appeared on his phone screen.

He disconnected the call and heard a knock on his door. "Go! I don't want to see anybody! Leave!" He yelled at the door but heard his secretary behind the door, "It's about the files which the boss needs urgently to be signed by you." Julian ruffled his hair. His mood had changed because of the photo of Eden and Lionel being extremely close. Too close for comfort.

He rubbed the back of his head anxiously. He was feeling Eden was slipping away from his fingers. He was right to get worried all along. With Lionel around, he was bound to get all worried. He loved Eden so much and had to work hard for her to be his and under any circumstances was he going to allow her ex to ruin everything for him. He had worked hard to reach his point.

"Come in." He whispered audibly before his door opened revealing his secretary who walked in quickly to drop the files on his desk. She was quick to notice her boss wasn't in a good and happy mood which was unlike his character. Julian always spread happiness around him but right now his aura was menacing and angry for some reason. His secretary didn't wait to find out and immediately scooted out the door as soon as she dropped the files on his desk.

Julian's hands were shaking with anxiety. He was dying to call her and question where she was at this moment but feared Eden will misunderstand him and take it the wrong way. He didn't want her to think he was a jealous and possessive man which he wasn't until now. But what could he do, he was a man with feelings and they were on the edge right now.

He growled out in frustration and couldn't think straight again. His work was pending and he wasn't in the right state of mind. His phone buzzed again and Paula's name appeared on the screen.

He grabbed the phone and glared at the screen before answering the call, "What the fuck do you want woman!" He seethed over the phone.

"Geez Julian. Why so much anger? You shouldn't be directing your anger towards me but at your girlfriend." Paula said smirking in the other side of the phone. Julian clutched his phone tightly against his ear and was about to hang up but then he asked, "Where...where did you see them together?" He asked.

"I happened to be driving on the same street and halted my car due to a red light signal but I turned to my left and viola. Your girlfriend and her ex were being so close to each other in his car. Eden isn't the goody two shoes, right?" Paula replied and Julian growled over the phone and gave her a befitting reply, "My Eden isn't a cheater like you Paula. She's always been loyal to who she's with and I know that she's very loyal to me. I trust her with all of my heart. She's not a cheating slut like you."