Chapter 33

"After you." Julian made way for Eden to walk in front of him. The weather was quite gloomy all of a sudden which was competing with the gloomy feeling Eden was getting deep inside her chest. She pressed her lips in a wide smile as soon as she noticed Julian smiling her way.

They walked towards the restaurant, the security opened the glass door for the both of them. Eden walked in with Julian walking behind her into the restaurant. Eden halted and waited for Julian to locate his parents. The restaurant was packed with people making it difficult for Eden to even guess.

"Hey. There." Julian waved and smiled. Eden followed his gaze and spotted an elderly woman who waved back at their direction. She was blonde as well and has the same eyes as Julian's. "Let's go," Julian whispered and held Eden's waist motioning her to walk along with him.

The table where Julian's parents were had two empty seats available and their table was at the far end of the restaurant. Julian's mom walked ahead and hugged Julian showing her smile. "My baby boy." She said trying to tighten her hug but she couldn't go all the way because of his broad back.

Eden smiled at the scene of reunion. She felt it must have been so long since his parents had seen their son. Julian's mom broke the hug and his father walked to hug his son. "And you must be Eden." Julian's mom turned to Eden. Eden took an occasional glance at Julian before smiling back at his mother.

She nodded with a smile. "And you must be Mrs Clara. Am honoured." Eden spoke politely. Clara smiled. "She's very beautiful my son." Clara grinned and Eden blushed hearing her comment. So far everything was going smoothly. Maybe she was worried for no reason after all.

They all got seated shortly before the waiter came to take their order.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you dear." Mr Stefan smiled to Eden's way. "Likewise sir." She replied with a smile. She sat close to Julian. Her nervous hands had stopped shaking and was beginning to feel in place.

"So tell me more about yourself Eden." Clara sipped her wine not leaving her eyes from Eden. Her piercing eyes was beginning to make Eden uncomfortable. She felt Julian brushing his hands on her lap for ease and it did helped her.

"Well..." She licked her lips. "Well am a hair stylist and a makeup artist by...profession." Clara nodded with a smile. Something in her expression that clearly gave her away hinting she liked Eden's answer. Clara dropped her glass on the table and smiled widely at Julian.

"That's a wonderful profession Eden. Am glad my son chose the right person." Clara smiled and rubbed her husband's shoulders.

"And why is that if I may ask?" Eden narrowed her brows. "Is it because of my profession?" She added. Julian turned to Eden with a surprised look. Clara blinked her eyes.

Julian held Eden's hands under the table gaining her attention to him. "Are you okay honey? Is something wrong?" Eden didn't reply but showed how upset she was. Was he feigning ignorance or just clueless. Didn't he seriously take the hint of what his mother said?

Eden shooked her head and denied. "Nothing," She whispered and straightened her posture. She wasn't ready for any of this.

"So you're divorced and have a daughter." Clara dug into her steak and spoke. Eden was keeping her emotions at bay. It turned out Clara didn't stop there and continued to ask her numerous questions. It was like she was interrogating her and Eden didn't like that but kept quiet for both Julian's sake and out of respect.

"I believe you are a strong woman Eden. You were able to raise your daughter as a single parent all her life and that too without help from her father. You're wonderful at that." Eden smiled and Mr Stefan's compliment did her good. "Unlike some people you constantly depend and scream for support from their husbands," Stefan winked towards Clara.