Chapter 10

"Eden! Welcome. And how's my little baby granddaughter." Mrs Bella opened the door and moving to the side to let Eden and Mia in. "Am so sorry for the late calling, my mom had urgent work at the last minute and since it's my first time at my workplace..." Mrs Bella hushed her never ending speech. Eden's abrupt silence made little Mia giggle out before the two women joined in the laughter.

"There's no need for any explanations Eden. Am glad you decided to leave Mia with me. Haven't seen her in a while now." Mrs Bella said with her brown eyes staring at Mia. Her lips curled into a faint smile. A smile that Eden knew about and what was roaming inside her head. Mia looked exactly like her father in every way. Brown eyes and pitch black silk hair. Only her skin was white like Eden's.

Eden handed Mia over to Mrs Bella before handing her Mia's favourite plush doll along with a few instructions about Mia's foods and napping hours. Eden left afterwards as Bella's husband Mr Christopher wasn't around but was in their store attending to the daily customers. Bella promised to inform her husband about Eden's visit. Despite Eden and Lionel being divorced, it didn't stop Eden from still regarding his parents as her own. Eden knew how much they were suffering due to their only son's absence and disapproval of their lifestyle. He basically changed after almost a year left to graduation and his so called dreams came to being inside his head.

After their marriage, his parent's relationship with Lionel grew even more distant. It would be a shock to an outsider if they knew the famous billionaire businessman Lionel was the son of the two parents that only had their store to survive and make a living.

Eden got out of the cab that drove her here from her ex in-laws home. She payed her fare and slowly in her new high heels walked towards the entrance of the building. She passed a greeting gesture towards the receptionist before walking straight to Ramirez's office. Ramirez offered Eden a smile the moment she stepped into his office chamber. "Good morning Ms. Quinn." Eden returned the greetings while Ramirez got to his feet to show Eden's duties immediately.

"The boss will arrive soon at 9am today. He's busy at an important meeting right now which you'll be handling from now on. Let me show you to his office and his work schedule." Eden nodded and walked behind Ramirez who led her towards the elevator that took them to the highest floor of the skyscraper building. There was a bit of silence during the elevator ride when Eden asked a question disrupting the silence that once engulfed the whole space.

"May I ask something Mr Ramirez?" "Of course Ms. Quinn." Ramirez responded immediately in a professional manner. "How is the.. I mean my boss like? I've seen how people at this company quickly recover from being chatty to seriousness." Ramirez chuckled this time around. He could understand the woman's fear but if she was to work and survive here, she needed to be informed.

"Well Ms. Quinn. The boss is very strict and trust me you won't get into any trouble as long as you are doing your job properly and especially you Ms. Quinn. You're now his personal secretary and your utmost best is required to reduce the chances of you being fired." Eden gulped hearing Ramirez's words. Now she was becoming a bit restless. This was her first office job and thought of ways she could easily flunk the whole job within a few days. She decided to take a few deep breaths holding her heaving chest to calm herself down. She could do this. No words of discouragement was needed and she made sure she discarded all of any negativity at this point.

The sound that dinged alerted Eden back to reality. She looked up and saw the floor number they were currently on and also the last number of floors. It was floor 45. The elevator doors slowly slided and opened for both of them to step out. Eden was immediately welcomed with another wave of cool air coming directly from the Air con. She found a few desks that had people in each Columb focusing their gazes on their computer screens.