Chapter 17

Eden was breathing heavily on her way back to her mother's apartment. No doubt Lionel was there to cause her nothing but trouble and now she couldn't even breathe as her daughter was involved. It wasn't a surprise for her that Lionel got a court order so quickly but what did shock her was that he wasn't bluffing and for some reason was interested in seeing and getting to know Mia which was never the case before.

She got to her mother's apartment and payed her fare. She rushed towards the gates when her eyes landed on his Porsche that was parked a few steps away from where she was standing. Her breathing increased and wandered what was going on inside the house.

She calmed herself down not willing to show how defeated she was at the moment before she increased her walking steps straight to the apartment. She was already hearing her mother's loud voice all the way downstairs. It was evident that they were arguing in there and Eden only hoped the neighbors don't complain because of this.

Again the apartment issue made Eden to recall how her mother had lost her job which was also what payed the rent for their stay in the apartment. She felt so useless with herself and only hoped she will not disappoint Souqeline tomorrow night. She needed the job especially with Lionel around. A part of her was still a little relieved that he hadn't filed for custody case yet and only a court permit to see Mia but she still didn't let that calm her mind down. She knew Lionel was full of surprises.

She quickly reached and was in front of the door before she pushed it open to spot Lucia blocking Lionel with her hands from entering Mia's room.

"Oh Eden, you're finally back from work early. Look at this cheap bastard here claiming he has every right to see Mia." Lucia glared at Lionel who then chuckled loudly at Lucia making her to narrow her brows and frown. "I clearly didn't remember cracking a joke." She was annoyed.

Lionel then turned to Eden and walked over to her. "Don't tell me your mom doesn't know about you being jobless?" He asked and Eden felt like hitting his head against the wall. Why did he have to be like this and so uncivilized right now and not caring about the situation. Eden turned her eyes to face her mother whose eyes held lots of questions within. Eden felt terrible and wished Lionel wasn't related to her through Mia.

She chose not to say anything about loosing her job as she was sure she would receive a call from another big company but to her dismay it never came and now she was banking on getting a spot among the makeup artists and hair stylists in Souqeline's team.

"What is he talking about? You're jobless? That certainly can't be true." Lucia shooked her head but Eden's silence and her refusal to look into her eyes as confirming it to be true.

"And the company which she was to work for was actually my own company and she was supposed to be my personal secretary but look she refused the job and now she's out there without a job and so are you." Eden quickly turned to look at him after he spoke those last words out of his mouth. She narrowed her eyes at him and it all made sense to her. Maybe it wasn't the manager who fired her mother but probably on someone's orders. She gave Lionel a glare. She didn't want to jump into conclusions but at the same time couldn't put it past Lionel.

Mia's cries erupted from her room and Lionel's gaze darted straight to her room. He took quick steps towards the room but Lucia forbade him again from entering her room.

Lionel's face hardened as he gave a hard glare towards Lucia who returned to him as well with her own glare. "Let me pass Mrs Lucia. I have a permit from the judge and believe me you don't want any more trouble from the law." He threatened her and turned his neck to face Eden. "Tell her. It will be better if you don't push me otherwise you know what will happen."