Chapter 26

"You're not going over to the hospital, over my dead body Eden," Lucia hardened her features and kept her voice stern. Eden gasped in shock by her words but only if she knew the worry that was hidden behind her mother's harsh words.

"Mom, I have to go. Mrs Bella needs me there..." She heaved a sigh before she continued, "And I must go right now. Am going for her sake and not for Lionel's if that's what bugging you."

Lucia shooked her head, obviously she couldn't understand where she was coming from. She knew her daughter was not out of all the memories that centered around Lionel. She feared one look at his current state would melt her malice heart and feel for him once again.

"I worry about you sweetie. Why does that idiot need you. He has his mom and dad over there to take care of him. He has never cared for you so why he's asking for you now?"

Eden smiled at her mom's concern for her. Even though she always put out a tough front in front of Eden, she knew her mom always loved her and wouldn't want her to suffer.

"I understand mom...Mrs Bella has done so much for me and I can't just ignore her when she needs my help urgently. I promise mom, Lionel is nothing but my past. He's long gone from my heart. Trust me, I don't feel a thing for him." Lucia hardened her face even more still standing stern on her words of disapproval.

One look at Eden and Lucia let out a loud sigh in defeat. Eden was also stubborn as her and a fight won't be good. Her eyes narrowed at Eden's clothes, it was until now she had noticed her damp clothes.

"Were you out in the rain? Look at you, you're all soaked." Eden also noticed and her mood turned sour recalling what happened at Julian's apartment.

"I'll go change," Eden walked into her room and quickly had a change of clothes. She wore jeans with a thick hoodie letting her auburn hair fly out down her back. She grabbed her phone from her bag and saw several missed calls from Julian along with a message from her Whatsapp chat.

Can we talk, I want to explain things. Please return my calls Eden. I love you.

She read the message on the chat and gulped. Recalling their little argument, her face softened a little Had she been too hard on him but then Paula's face came into view and her mood became even more sour again. She turned off her phone and rushed out with an umbrella. She made a stop over to Mia's room and placed a peck on Mia's forehead before she headed out.

"Be back soon, Mia will be awake and waiting for you and besides, it looks like the storm might continue soon," Lucia looked away while informing her. Eden nodded and exited her home.

She was lucky to find a cab passing by and got in heading straight for the hospital. She pondered on her mom's words. She laid on her seat and stared outside hoping the scenery outside would cheer her up. It did brighten up her mood to an extent seeing kids rushing home with their moms and dads. Lots of opening stores and the bright street lights brightening the entire city at night just made her feel more at ease with how life always brought some sorts of challenges.

The cab arrived and parked in front of hospital. Eden payed her fare and got down from the cab. She noticed a couple of the press still standing by the entrance of the hospital. She could tell that it was concerning Lionel's accident. She still couldn't wrap everything about Lionel being a sensational topic.

Am only aiming to be at the top and won't let anything nor anyone ruin that for me.

His words rang a bell in her mind and a bitter look appeared on her facial expression. He had gotten what he wanted after three years but she wandered why she had to meet him again at the time when she was starting to move on.