Chapter 9

Eden scrubbed back towards the television. As usual that name was always like a magnet that always pulled her back to wherever his memories and everything that reminded her of him. She stood in front of the TV and gulped as well as her heart began to race the moment her eyes met with his. He was attending a charity event that was organised to help homeless children have better futures in foster care homes as well as having the necessities of life like their schooling and basic needs.

He looked as handsome as ever three years ago and was still breathtaking. She saw that his black hair had grown fuller as well as a wave of very thin beard around his cheeks and jawline. He was adorning a dark pink suit and he looked serious and was robotic in his walking. She saw his eyes had slight bags under it which indicated how tired he was. For some reason Eden felt bad not seeing his smile, she was always used to seeing him smile all the time. Although sometimes he had anger issues but he was always happy and not working himself to death when they were both together.

The cameras were flashing at him as he made his way into the building not bothering to comment about his personal life or anything. Again the knock came alerting her attention towards the door. She turned back to the TV and he was already in the building. She walked back towards the door and opened the door. "Woah! What took you so long to open the door. Here take Mia. She's gotten heavy now." Lucia winced out in exhaustion and slightly bent her upper body after Eden took sleeping Mia from her mother's arms. Eden's eyes on their own darted back to the TV. This was the first time she had seen him after their divorce was finalised in court that day.

"Are you even listening to me Eden?" Eden stared at the screen waiting for his face to be shown again. It's like a glimpse of him again was an addictive drug she needed urgently. He was still her damn drug she needed each day. She had been repressing herself but then turned around when she felt a tap on her shoulders to find Lucia staring at her with worry in her eyes. "What's the matter? You seem to be lost deep in your thoughts or I should say the TV now..." Lucia raised her brows staring at Eden suspiciously. Eden quickly denied telling her mother about Lionel. She knew all too well that Lucia hated Lionel with every fiber of her being.

She quickly shocked her head and hurriedly grabbed the remote. She changed the channel immediately as her racing heart beat slowed down back to it's normal pace. She took Mia to her room and stayed there lost in thought as she moved her hands gently on Mia's little body in her crib. All her mind went through was seeing him again. He was so different now to her. He sure had matured quite a lot in the past three years and had grown more cold. She could tell that in his expression on TV. For some reason she saw through him that probably he wasn't happy but then shrugged it off convincing herself that he must be the happiest man in the world for having attained all his life's long dreams.

There was still a bitter feeling around within her when it came to his dreams. His dreams that didn't have a place for her in the slightest and that broke her although she chose not to cry and feel sorry for herself. She now knew she was beyond past that phase of her life. Her new job had already proven it to her already. She shut her eyes and opened them to stare down at her angel who was fast and sound asleep without any care in the world. Her thoughts were interrupted by Susan's call.

"Hey girl... I just found out from Julian that you aced a very good job. Why didn't you tell me? Am damn offended," Susan spoke immediately Eden answered the call. Eden let out a small smile before she apologized. "Sorry. So sorry.. It's just I had so many things going on recently and...amyway yes I got the job of the personal secretary of the owner of the company I now work for." There was a sound of gasps from Susan on the other line. "Am so happy for you girl. You truly deserve it. See I told you..you're so talented and skillful and all your hard work has paid off. That jerk Lionel obviously was a fool in downgrading your true worth like that.. oops!" Susan let out a gasp knowing now she shouldn't have mentioned that name especially to Eden.

"Am so sorry Eden, i..." Susan paused feeling the silence lingering on the other side of the call.

"Eden? Are you still there?" She asked. Eden blinked and spoke. "Yeah am still here. And you don't have to be sorry. Literally it's okay. Lionel is my past and that's all there is to it." Susan clearly knew that was far from true. They had been close friends for years and knew Eden all too well. She knew it wasn't that easy for Eden to forget Lionel but also wished she could as this feeling was definitely holding her back.

"Anyway. I start my job tomorrow morning and I need to get my things ready." Susan nodded at this. "Of course Eden. Get some rest and say hi to Lucia and my cutie goddaughter." Eden smiled and nodded before she hung up. A part of her wanted to dash quickly towards the business news online on her phone regarding what Lionel was up to and how he was doing after three whole years of not seeing him. Her fingers quickly clicked to return back to the home screen and blinked her eyes that were staring at the news app on her phone.

I need someone who fits my standards and being by my side as Lionel Bluebird's wife and I realized that person isn't you Eden!

His words warned her and she quickly decided not to. She immediately turned off her phone and kissed Mia's forehead and turned on the baby monitor before leaving her room. She held her temples with both her hands feeling frustrated for how all of a sudden after three years she began to feel this way. Just seeing him again on TV was stirring a restless feeling inside of her and it annoyed her because she didn't want to feel this way especially towards the man who never valued her in the slightest after his dreams were beginning to take flight.

She stepped into the living area and spotted Lucia already asleep on the couch with her favourite TV series currently screening on the TV. She glanced at the time and was shocked how late it was. She really spent hours in Mia's room. She left the TV on as weirdly it was Lucia's sleeping pill as she often found it difficult to fall asleep on her own.

Eden got into her room and changed into her night dress. She let her hair loose with a few of her curls in front of her face. She tried keeping the strands away from her eyes and then remembered something again. She was in front of her mirror when the flashback happened.

Flashback

"Hey honey! What's taking you so long! Hurry now. Am dying of desires here." Lionel complained in a playful tone waiting impatiently outside their room door. It was their wedding night and Eden was taking her sweet time in getting ready to surprise her new husband.

Eden stepped out of the room wearing a transparent revealing lace lingerie that exposed her huge cleavage and slender long legs. She had a very good and sexy body. Just the sight alone aroused all the lust in his eyes and relished in her beauty. A damn beautiful red haired. He took notice of her hair which was perfectly timed in a neat bun.

"So how do I look?" Eden asked with her cheeks all red and flushed lowering her gaze as she waited for his response. Lionel didn't respond and just took silent steps towards her. She felt her heart racing feeling his movements nearing her. It wasn't their first time having sex but tonight was special for them especially Eden as they were to become one tonight and begin their marital journey together.

She felt his hands wave over her face and unto her hair. He took off the pin that helped hold her hair in place sending her long auburn hair to grace down her body down to her lower back. He then took a few strands and drew them to her front. "I like your hair just perfect like this." He whispered into her ears before he slightly but them making her whole body shiver. She looked into his brown orbs that tingled with love before she gasped as he pulled her into a passionate and longing kiss.

End of Flashback

Eden immediately tied her whole hair tightly around making a really messy bun as a bit of anger surged through her. Enough was enough. It was time she forgot that asshole once and for all.

She set her alarm before getting into her bed hugging a pillow tightly and tried sleeping which was proving difficult until sleep engulfed her later on.

Buckle up guys. Next chapter's about Eden and Lionel's meeting, face to face. Like and comment and don't forget to follow as well.