Chapter 13

"Everything...okay?" Julian stepped forward and studied Eden's angry expression the moment she got off the phone. Eden heaved a deep long sigh before slowly turning around to face Julian. She didn't know what to say or do right now. On one hand Lionel was outside her mother's apartment while on the other hand Julian was in front of her and whom she desperately needed all the help she could need.

"You know you can talk to me about anything Eden," Julian broke the little silence that once filled Eden's room. Eden nodded and rubbed her temples. Her phone chimed again. She already knew who was calling her as she knew for a damn fact that Lionel wasn't a patient person.

"I'll just go back to the living room of you need some space... " Julian turned around and was heading towards the door when Eden grabbed his arm to stop him. "No Julian. It's nothing important. What I want to discuss with you is more serious...and important too." Eden said and turned off her phone immediately. She decided she wasn't going to fall for his threats this time around.

Julian smiled and Eden offered him a seat on her bed. "So tell me. What can I do for you?" Julian asked. Eden bit her cheeks hard feeling somehow for having to ask him for a favor but anyways that's what friends are for right?

"Actually...." Her phone picked up it's ring tone again signalling another incoming call. She declined it immediately and placed her phone into mute before keeping it aside. "Sorry about that..." Eden chuckled slightly while Julian only smiled at her with love and affection clearly visible in his eyes.

"Actually am in need of a job." Julian's brows now narrowed after hearing her. "What? What happened to your new job. You aced the interview remember." He asked her making Eden to bit her cheeks again. How was she supposed to answer his questions. She recalled how she was over the moon for bagging a job at a huge company. So excited that she completely overlooked the company's name as only a coincidence and nothing else.

She now looked everywhere except in his eyes. Julian instantly knew she was keeping something from him but didn't want to ask unless she was willing to tell him. "What can I say Julian. It's a long story. I did get the job yes...but found out that the scheduling wasn't okay with me. I won't get to spend time with Mia because of the overload of hours I'll be at work. You know how much I love spending time with my angel." Eden said and slightly dropping her shoulders down.

Julian wasn't quite expecting that but smiled anyways for her words. "Okay. I'll see what I can do Eden. I'll make a few phone calls and put in lots...and I mean lots of good things about you to my superiors. No worries Eden. I always have your back." Eden's anxious heart slowly leaned after she digested his words. She knew all too well that she could totally count on Julian.

They both heard the oven countdown stop sound coming from the kitchen. "Oh! The lasagna." Eden sprinted up, placed her phone into her pocket and accelerated into the kitchen. Julian stepped out of her room to continue his talk with Lucia. He had become very much comfortable with Lucia's presence and company as well.

Just then Eden got out her phone from her jeans pocket to chat the good news over to Susan and Anne in their WhatsApp friend group when a message from Lionel popped on the left screen. She opened it and her eyes widened at the message as she read the content.

Am standing at your doorstep. Didn't take me seriously right. You didn't come to me so I'll come to you.

The doorbell rang immediately afterwards which made her stiffen in her spot. What if Lucia meets him face to face. All hell would break loose tonight and the last thing she wanted was a scene in their apartment especially with Julian around.

"Excuse me Julian. Let me just get to the door." Eden heard Lucia say all the way from the living room. She quickly dashed towards the living room like lightning and appeared in front of the door stunning both Lucia and Julian.