Chapter 27

"Calm down Monique, it's not the end of the world my dear." Monique was shedding lots of tears and was inconsolable at the moment. The news about her baby's death hit her so hard. Everything was over and she could already feel it at this point.

"You can get pregnant again. Once the surgery's done..."

"Don't you get it mom? The surgery's not what is important to me right now. Can't you see I've lost every chance to be with Lionel. My baby was the only one that was keeping us together. He was the only one who would make sure the thin string between me and Lionel at both ends wouldn't cut off. Now it's all over," Monique angrily cut her mom off.

Rosalinda stared aback at her daughter's outburst. She wasn't acting like the quiet all smiles proper lady. She was all over the place and Rosalinda began to wander if she's even sad for her baby's death or the fact of having to separate from Lionel as an end result.

"Your child and my grandchild is gone but...anyway you should be happy that you're gonna get a new chance at life sweetie. I've spoken with a oncologist and he's more than willing to take your case," Monique continued to shook her head as more tears fell from her eyes.

Her baby's death hit her like a blow and she was very much upset and angry at her baby most of all for not trying to survive despite her pleadings to her baby. She could already feel Lionel slipping away from her hands and she couldn't do anything to stop it. She might get pregnant but knew all too well that if she was ever to have a child again, it wouldn't be of Lionel's and that made her all the more infuriated.

She had tried to keep her calm and hope on her unborn baby but then he couldn't make it because of a fall. Her pregnancy was by luck that Lionel arrived home drunk one night and she managed to seduce him to bed with her. After all she knew Lionel was planning to divorce her after knowing the truth about her illness and she couldn't let that happen. Seeing him inebriated, she made her move and it was the perfect time when she was ovulating.

But now all her plans had flopped. Not only her illness, she had been feeling his indifference long before he even knew about her illness. She sure acted like a lady with etiquette and often acted like she wasn't aware of things around her but she was no fool. She could clearly see that Lionel was drowned into the world of power and money and of course needed the woman he had envisioned to be his partner and she fit that role.

Her father also saw it as a sign to dump her to Lionel because he only saw her as a waste since she was not going to live for long. She instantly became an outcast by her father which led to her father and Rosalinda always getting into arguments. She felt alone until she came across with Lionel who to her, came as a ray of hope for her. He made her to feel something, the zeal to live her remaining days with nothing but love. Something her dad deprived her of. Monique felt she had found the man who wouldn't leave her all because she had made him believe that she was the ideal woman in his head. The woman with elegance, poise and also a woman with a high body mannerisms.

With her baby gone, that meant Lionel was soon going to leave her which meant she was going to be all alone once again. She felt her hands shaking in fear once again. She hadn't had a panic attack for so long now but just the thought of being far away from Lionel was making her loose her sanity at this point.

"No! Lionel can't leave me. He will leave me mom, I know it," Monique threw away the covers off her, removing the IV from her hands and began to smash things in the room.

Rosalinda gasped in shock and had to move away in order to dodge an incoming steel tray coming towards her direction. She stared at her daughter with wide eyes. The Monique she knew wasn't like this and was always calm and collected or so she thought at this point.