Chapter 37

"Sign here and here," The black man told Eden by pointing his fingers on the space where she was supposed to sign offering her full consent in making Mia bear Lionel's last name. Eden didn't hesitate and signed the documents before glancing over at Lionel who gave her a hearty smile and approval while Mia chuckled as if she understood what was going on.

"Thank you. You too Mr Bluebird. Sign at the end offering your consent as well." Lionel grabbed the pen and signed on the needed space before the black man piled up the documents and told them. "I'll have this filed immediately."

"And how long will it take?" Lionel asked impatiently and tickled Mia slightly making her burst into laughter. Eden could see how much he loved Mia right now. Probably bearing the loss of his child he had with Monique had done some things to him which explained his behaviour and closeness to Mia. She assumed it to be so.

"It'll take about four to five days maximum." The black man replied confidently. He was sure the process would be filed in and approved with Lionel's support backing him. Lionel smiled his way in understanding and they walked out of his office.

While outside, Eden took a quick glance at Lionel and his behaviour. He was rubbing his perfect carved pointed nose against Mia's small cute nose and they both giggled together playing the role of the perfect father daughter duo.

Her inner thoughts battled with her and she couldn't help the itch down her throat and just had to ask, "Lionel?" She whispered his way. "Yeah." Lionel answered immediately not diverting his eyes and attention away from Mia.

"Hum...i want to ask you something...important," She hesitated to speak what was on her mind fearing he would get upset at her question but she had to ask anyhow. She faced him and Lionel also caught her shaky tone. He then moved his brown eyes to face her and asked, "Are you okay Eden? You sound hesitant to say what you want to say? Please feel free." For a moment Lionel believed she wanted to say something that will soothe him. Perhaps she was disturbed by their conversation earlier concerning her and Julian's relationship and wanted to tell him something he longed to hear.

I want you back in my life Lionel,

Those were what crossed Lionel's mind as to what she was hesitant to speak. Maybe she had realized she didn't love Julian but him instead. He knew her love for him was a strong force that couldn't die so quickly even after three years of separation. He regretted his actions and all he wanted was a second chance. A second chance to fix everything that he broke between them. He had come to realize the hard way that being wealthy and leaving loved ones behind always comes with a high price and he was facing that right now.

His heartbeat drummed loudly inside his chest contemplating her question or whatever she was going to ask and he so hoped it was what he had imagined. He wanted her back. He wanted his first wife back in his life again and vowed to correct all the wrongs. Damn he had missed her and only realized she was important in his life after his accident but the damage had already been done. He had shattered her trust in him. He had broken her strong fortress of love for him and even him feared her love for him was crumbling down slowly. She behaved different with him and wasn't getting the tensed sensation from her whenever he was near her. Even today he felt her distant and it was like he didn't exist for her. That was the first time she acted natural and normal around her and it didn't feel right with him.

How he wished he could turn back time but not even all his whole wealth could bring back time for him. Time to correct all his wrongs. Sometimes he refused to dive into the past and recall how horrible he treated her. How he left her pregnant at six months all alone. He really wronged her to the extreme and the memories of it made him mad at himself for stooping so low. Sometimes he wondered if he was in his right senses to do all that to her after everything they had been through? After going against his father which ended ties with his parents all for her sake only to end up ruining it himself.